Friday Five: Cereal

on
Friday, February 8, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What was your favourite breakfast cereal when you were a kid? I definitely had more than one favourite because cereal was basically all I ate for breakfast, so I'm going to do a Top 5: Trix, Fruit Loops, Honeycomb, Corn Pops, and Cap'n Crunch.
  2. What's your favourite breakfast cereal now? I like to keep a variety of cereal for different moods and cravings, so I don't really have a favourite now. Like, when I don't want anything too sweet, I go for Rice Krispies. I used to find it bland and boring, but I have an appreciation for it now. And I actually like it when the milk makes them a big soggy, 'cause I'm weird like that. When I want a bit of sweetness, I like Multigrain or Honey Nut Cheerios. When I want sweet, I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and occasionally Reese's Puffs. But if you gave me any of those cereals that I liked as a kid, I would still eat them to this day.
  3. Where does cereal rank on your list of favourite breakfasts? Weirdly enough, I don't like eating cereal for breakfast. I like to eat it as like, a midnight snack (e.g. that time a few hours after dinner but a couple hours before bed when you get inexplicably hungry). So for breakfast, I wouldn't rank it very high. I prefer a toasted bagel and coffee most mornings.
  4. What serial novels or films have you most recently enjoyed? Most recently (as in, the past month), the novel I've enjoyed the most is The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, and I just ordered her second novel in the series, The Evolution of Mara Dyer. In the past year, though, my favourite serial novels have been Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, and I can't wait for her third novel later this year. There haven't been a lot of film series that I've thoroughly enjoyed recently. 
  5. What recently surreal experience have you gone through? Nothing specifically surreal, but I do feel like 2012 passed by so fast that it almost feels like I was observing my life like it was a movie rather than living it.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Cereal"
  1. I want to pick up the Roth series when I have time for leisure reading!

    And my cereal picks are Golden Grahams. So damn good. I don't eat cereal lately either but don't mind when they get a little soggy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, the Divergent series is so, so, so good. I'm kinda bummed that they're making a movie out of it, because they never do the books justice... but you should read them before the films come out. :)

      Oooh, Golden Grahams is a good one! For some reason, that's not one that I ever really think about or grab when I'm in the cereal aisle, but they are damn tasty. I should get a box next time I'm at the supermarket; it's been over 15 years since I've had it!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9