Landmark Seafood Cuisine

on
Saturday, August 25, 2012
It was my friend Anson's birthday, so we all went for dinner at Landmark Seafood Cuisine. Now, I'm not usually this Asian (I typically only go to these types of Chinese restaurants with my extended family for whatever occasion), but he was really craving this deep-fried beef dish that they serve there, so that decided that. I swear, I don't think I'd ever felt that Chinese in my life. I think even the servers thought it was weird that seven 20-somethings would choose to go there on a Saturday night rather than some other, more hip and modern dining establishment. But, I digress, 'cause the food was damn tasty:

Peking duck slices

Assembling my peking duck

Leftover roasted duck meat served with plum sauce

The infamous glazed deep-fried beef strips

Sweet and sour pork

Clams in black bean sauce

Our epic five-pound lobster

The great thing about eating these Chinese feasts with friends? No repetitive "green and brown" dishes (e.g. some Asian veggie and mushroom or fungus of some sort), which are always in abundance at my family dinners. We just ordered all of our favourite dishes, ensuring a most satisfying feast for all. The service was surprisingly decent, too; just very attentive and helpful and polite, which I find really rare at Chinese restaurants. $30 per person after tax and tip. Totally worth it.


Landmark Seafood Cuisine
3601 Victoria Park Avenue, Unit #101
Scarborough, ON M1W 3Y3
(416) 498-8882
4 comments on "Landmark Seafood Cuisine"
  1. OHMYGOD. Why wouldn't you guys go out for Chinese more often??? So awesome. Though when I used to hang out with Koreans who wanted to eat at Korean restos, I totally wanted to ditch them for some other types of food & people instead, lol.

    That lobster is calling my name. This is love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go out to eat Chinese food all the time, but never these fancy-type group feasts. I've always associated them with family dinners, so it never even occurs to me to go to those types of restaurants with just my friends. And also because they're generally quite expensive... I mean, $30 per person is already pretty damn pricey for Chinese food, compared to say, $5 for a bowl of wonton noodles. :P That's why we usually just go to noodle or tea shops or Congee Queen, lol. BUT I REALLY SHOULD CHANGE THAT.

      The lobster was insanity. FIVE POUNDS. Oh, god, so good. Goddamn.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love giant lobsters!! There's a place near my house that does it really well. Mmm garlic.

    So glad you dinner was sans green and brown.
    Actually the only green I see is a stick of cucumber, a couple cubes of green pepper, a sprinkling of green onions and a bit of garnish..LOL!!
    SEAFOOD AND MEAT <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, GIANT LOBSTERS FOR THE WIN.

      This is how all of our family dinners should be! PUT AN END TO THE GREEN AND BROWN.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9