Sunday Video Love: Only Girl (In the World)

on
Sunday, August 26, 2012

So, it seems that everyone is on this Ellie Goulding kick lately. I'm not going to say that I didn't get sucked in, 'cause I've been obsessed with her since I heard "Every Time You Go" on The Vampire Diaries soundtrack (don't judge). I have her original album and way too many remixes (the dubstep remixes are my favourites), and as dance-y and infectious as those songs are, I still find that she's best when she performs acoustically. So, yes, I have finally found a way to listen to a Rihanna song and actually enjoy it. Just get Ellie Goulding to cover it and a string orchestra to back her up.
3 comments on "Sunday Video Love: Only Girl (In the World)"
  1. I think with Rihanna, it's not so much her songs as it is her voice. It's just so annoying and nasally. I think Ellie Goulding does a beautiful cover of this song and owns it, and the orchestra is a really nice touch.

    Other shows that feature great indie music are Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Chuck, and The O.C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered so many good songs from Grey's. It was the music that totally made a lot of their scenes, especially in Season 1. I downloaded "Stripper" after hearing it on GG and was so mortified at myself, LOL! And I was already a big fan of Yeah Yeah Yeahs when they began one of their seasons with "Zero"... so AGREED. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE MUSIC ON GREY'S! Agreed, first season was the best. Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sara, Jem, Iron & Wine, Goldfrapp, The Cardigans... SO FUCKING GOOD. Not to mention that they use a Psapp song as their theme!

    LOL, I downloaded "Stripper" by Soho Dolls as well. So catchy. Also discovered Plastiscines on there. But yeah, I've discovered so many good songs from GG. But it's to be expected, since it's the same people who did The O.C. and that show had tons of good tunes as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9