Montréal: La Banquise

on
Sunday, February 26, 2012

After our exploration of the Underground City (a.k.a. my make-up shopping excursion), we went back to the hotel where I had a two-hour nap and then joined the boys for a few games of Bang!. To me, this is how vacation should be — doing whatever the hell you want with no set schedule. (Also, naps are glorious.) After our fourth round of Bang!, we realized that it was already past midnight. And that we were all hungry. So we made our way to La Banquise, a 24-hour restaurant that is famous for their poutine.

Poutine T-Rex

Poutine T-Rex (cheese, gravy, and meat, oh my!)

Imagine the best poutine you've ever had. The Poutine T-Rex is probably a hundred times better than that. That is to say, this poutine is the best I've ever had. The Poutine T-Rex is not for the faint of heart (or vegetarians, for that matter): a mountain of golden fries layered with rich gravy, massive cheese curds, ground beef, sausage slices, pepperoni cubes, and pieces of bacon. C'est glorieux! There is a reason why La Banquise is on nearly every "Best of Montreal" list, and why it's completely packed at 1:00 in the morning on a Wednesday. Even native Montrealers come here for the poutine. Yep, it's that good. And they have a whopping 28 different poutines for you to try devour. Unless you're vegan, you have to go to La Banquise at least once (or 87 times) in your life.
8 comments on "Montréal: La Banquise"
  1. OMG that looks sooooooo good. Deadly. But good.

    *licks computer screen*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, oh, yeah, it's totally deadly -- if you ate this everyday for a year, you'd definitely have a clogged artery or two...

      But, dear god, is it ever good. Do you guys have poutine over there?

      Delete
    2. No we don't have poutine! The last time I had poutine was when i was in hong kong and got a fake one from NY FRIES. MEH

      Delete
    3. OH NOES -- New York Fries does not have authentic poutine at all! I actually don't mind NYF's "poutines" (I really like their braised beef one, lol), but they're just not authentic, Quebec-style poutine. My friend from Montreal used to be like, "No poutine can compare to the ones from Quebec." And I used to think she was a big poutine snob. But after I had my first poutine in Montreal, I was like, "... Damn it, she was right."

      Have you had Quebec poutine?! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I have to be careful with looking at my food pictures because they make me hungry. :(

      Delete
    2. I couldn't even articulate how excited this one made me. Just...GOD.

      Delete
    3. LOL, so. When's your trip to Montreal? ;)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9