Montréal: Inglot

on
Saturday, February 25, 2012

We spent the rest of the afternoon on Tuesday exploring the Underground City, but the only place I really wanted to go to was the Inglot store (in Place Montréal Trust). There are five locations in Canada and all of them are in Québec, and I was determined to get some new palettes while I had the chance. I bought a couple of eyeshadow palettes two years ago at their store in New York City, and forgot just how amazing their eyeshadows are. Seriously, nearly every single one, regardless of the finish, is smooth, soft, and buttery, with amazing pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. They were having a palette promotion, so the 10-pan palettes were $79 instead of $89, and the 20-pan palettes were $158 from $175. I prefer the 10-pan palettes because they're more portable and easier to organize, so after playing around in the store for nearly an hour, I came out with four new Freedom System 10-pan eyeshadow palettes:

Top row: AMC Shine 17, AMC Shine 44, Pearl 414, DS 483, and AMC 61
Bottom row: Pearl 419, Pearl 433, AMC Shine 49, DS 465, and Pearl 422

AMC Shine 17, AMC Shine 44, Pearl 414, DS 483, AMC 61, Pearl 419, Pearl 433, AMC Shine 49, DS 465, and Pearl 422

Top row: Pearl 450, AMC 75, AMC Shine 40, Pearl 423, and DS 458
Bottom row: Pearl 446, AMC Shine 14, AMC Shine 42, and DS 491

Pearl 450, AMC 75, AMC Shine 40, Pearl 423, DS 458, Pearl 446, AMC Shine 14, AMC Shine 42, and DS 491

Top row: Matte 323, Matte 343, DS 477, AMC 58, and AMC Shine 44
Bottom row: Matte 365, Matte 345, Matte 338, Pearl 415, and Pearl 426

Matte 323, Matte 343, DS 477, AMC 58, AMC Shine 44, Matte 365, Matte 345, Matte 338, Pearl 415, and Pearl 426

Top row: AMC Shine 15, Matte 361, Matte 362, DS 495, and Matte 366
Bottom row: Pearl 429, DS 493, Pearl 439, Matte 388, and AMC 65

AMC Shine 15, Matte 361, Matte 362, DS 495, Matte 366, Pearl 429, DS 493, Pearl 439, Matte 388, and AMC 65

The eyeshadows are available in five types of finishes: Matte, Pearl, DS, AMC, and AMC Shine. Other than matte and pearl, I have no idea what the other three finishes mean, and neither the salesgirl nor the website explained them to me. Also, the numbering system is horrendous. I wrote down the number of each eyeshadow underneath my palettes, because it will be nearly impossible to remember which shade is which number. Moreover, you have to use either a really strong magnet or an X-Acto knife to get the pans out of the palettes 'cause there are no grooves to remove them with your finger (like with the MAC palettes). But, even after all of that, their eyeshadows apply so beautifully and are such a good price (I got these for $6 an eyeshadow, with the palette costing $18) that they are totally worth getting. Even their matte shades are buttery and pigmented! If you like a huge range of colours in your make-up at a great price with fantastic quality, you definitely need to check out Inglot. It's a make-up artist's dream.
6 comments on "Montréal: Inglot"
  1. Loving all your pictures Denise!! They are so vibrant!

    I didn't know Inglot was so expensive! I've always seen them in vlogs and blogs but never really paid attention to the price! The first palette you posted is the one I'm most drawn to, bec it's the only one I can probably pull off! HAHA! Sooo pretty! Do mac eyeshadows fit in the round palettes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irene! I'm having a lot of fun with my new camera. :)

      Actually, $78 for a filled 10-pan palette isn't that expensive! An empty palette is $18, which means each eyeshadow is only $6, which is cheaper than many drugstore brands! By comparison, an empty palette from MAC is $17, and each eyeshadow is $14!

      And, yes, the Inglot eyeshadows fit into MAC palettes and vice versa. :)

      Delete
  2. !!!

    I had no idea Inglot had stores in Montreal! Another reason for me to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! You can only get Inglot in Canada from Quebec! WORTH THE TRIP.

      Delete
  3. I like Inglot and you have wonderful swatches there :) That said, I still prefer MAC. I don't know why but I kind of ignore my Inglot shadows (I have about 15 I think..) most days.

    I do find the formula quite similar to NARS, as in if you swipe your finger on it, it has that same slip/glide that NARS shadows do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer MAC as a brand overall, but Inglot does have some beautiful eyeshadows! Their matte shades are just phenomenal. Plus, they have a lot of shades that MAC doesn't have, which is refreshing. MAC will always be my #1 brand, though. :)

      I haven't really noticed that NARS' eyeshadows feel any different from many other brands, lol. They are soft and pigmented for the most part, though, as are Inglot's. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9