Dior Garden Party: Dior Vernis Garden Party Scented Nail Lacquers

on
Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dior's Spring 2012 collection, aptly named Garden Party, is inspired by the garden surrounding Christian Dior's home in Granville, France. This collection is available at all Dior counters, Sephora, and online. This collection features 12 new products in total, of which two are online exclusives, and they are all limited edition. With this collection, Dior has released two shades of Dior Vernis Scented Nail Lacquers. Each nail polish comes in Dior's signature clear square bottles with logo embossed silver caps. It contains 10 ml of product in total, and retails for $24.

Waterlily and Forget-Me-Not

Waterlily
Waterlily is a light-medium pastel leaf green with iridescent white and green micro-shimmer. It has smooth and even application, and goes opaque in two coats. I did think that the texture on this one was thicker than usual, so it can be prone to pulling. When dried, it has a subtle rose scent. The closest dupe that I own is Rococo Jaded, which leans more blue. Though I don't own it, it seems similar to Chanel Jade.

Forget-Me-Not is a medium-dark reddened violet in a cream finish. It has smooth and even application, and goes opaque in one coat. When dried, it has a subtle rose scent. It is darker and less pink than Sephora by OPI Domestic Goddess and lighter than Sephora by OPI What A Broad.

Overall, both of these polishes are beautiful and really nice to have if you don't have anything similar. Waterlily is a more unique shade, but has a thicker texture and can be a little harder to work with. For those who wanted Chanel Jade but missed the chance, you might want to take a look at Waterlily. Forget-Me-Not is a bit more dupeable (and looks more like a Fall colour to me), but applies phenomenally. Dior's nail polishes have a thicker brush that make it really easy to apply nail polish if you have bigger nail beds. If you prefer smaller brush strokes (like me) or have smaller nail beds, you may find it a bit harder to control. In the end, Waterlily is the must-have for me out of the two (and from the collection as a whole!). It's just a gorgeous shade for Spring, and surprisingly not as dupeable as I originally thought.
6 comments on "Dior Garden Party: Dior Vernis Garden Party Scented Nail Lacquers"
  1. Waterlily looks cool :) I went to check it out yesterday but it's completely sold out.

    I'm not a fan of Dior's brushes though, hence why I only own one Dior nail polish. <-- small nail beds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that after having it compared to Chanel Jade that it would sell out quickly. :(

      And, yeah, Dior's brushes aren't my favourite. That's why I'll only get the limited edition colours if they're really pretty. I don't have small nail beds, but I don't like polish all the way to the edges of my nails, so I get a lot more control with smaller brushes. :)

      Delete
  2. I used to hate the wider brushes but love them now. And funny, last week The Bay at Bloor/Yonge told me they only had two bottles left. Yesterday The Bay at Eaton Centre said they got in a brand new shipment. I think I can sit on the fence about these a bit longer. ;) Pale green isn't my fave shade but the purple is kind of whispering my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple shade is gorgeous, and the formula is fantastic! Not the most unique shade, but beautiful, nonetheless. I'm partial to Waterlily, 'cause you know how I love my greens... ;)

      Delete
  3. The only high end nailpolish I own is a YSL one (which I never used!) and will probably never be able to justify buying them! The YSL was a gift! SOOOO EXPENSIVE! :*( These colors are so nice and summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree -- luxury brands will always have luxury prices, right?! BUT, the formula is really nice on both shades, and, in most cases, I do find a difference in the higher end nail polishes and the drugstore brands. I like to mix in both salon brands and higher end brands myself. :) However, the green polish from this collection is just... I'm in love! :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9