YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick: #5 Beige Etrusque

on
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On that trip to Murale with Mary, I bought a third lipstick, one that Mary and I loved so much, we both had to have it: YSL's Rouge Pur Couture in #5 Beige Etrusque. (You can see a lovely full-face vision of this lipstick on Mary here.) Like my beloved Rouge Voluptés, these also come in elegant weighty gold metal casing, but square instead of round and with the YSL logo centered at the case opening. Not quite as flamboyant, but ultra-chic just the same. Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks are ultra-creamy, very pigmented with incredible colour pay-off, and give off a lovely sheen. They go on very smoothly, evenly, and opaquely, and wear very well. They also have a subtle tropical fruit scent but no taste. Each Rouge Pur Couture lipstick contains 3.8 grams of product, and retails for $38.

#5 Beige Etrusque

#5 Beige Etrusque is a medium peachy beige with a hint of pink in a satin finish. This shade is neutral enough to go with all shades of blush and eyeshadow, but has more colour and depth than a full-fledged nude. It should suit both cool and warm undertones beautifully. It is more peach than MAC Kinda Sexy, more pink than MAC Cherish, and lighter and less brown than MAC Mocha.

I was trying to figure out what the difference was between the Rouge Volupté formula ("Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick") and the Rouge Pur Couture formula ("Pure Colour Satiny Radiance Lipstick"). As I previously mentioned, they're both ultra-creamy, very pigmented with incredible colour pay-off, and give off a lovely sheen. They go on very smoothly, evenly, and opaquely, and wear very well. But the difference was more noticeable in the wear: Whereas the Rouge Volupté started off moist and dried down rather fast (not to be mistaken for drying), the Rouge Pur Couture go on moist and stay that way. While I like the colour range of the Rouge Voluptés more, I definitely like this formula more. I didn't think it was possible, but there you go. Looks like there will be a few many more shades in my future...
2 comments on "YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick: #5 Beige Etrusque"
  1. Words cannot express how happy I am now that Rouge Pur Couture is in my life. :**)

    I def. need more shades, too! Maybe in a few months, though. I've become broke due to all the gift buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Mary, we'll do a dim sum + make-up date sometime early next year. :) I have all those Optimum points now, after all... ;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9