Glymm: December Box

on
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I received my December Glymm box last week. For those who haven't heard of Glymm, it's a beauty subscription program very similar to Luxe Box. It's $10 a month, and you get a box of four to five deluxe beauty samples sent right to your door.


This month, I received:
Ahava Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream (sample size, 20 ml): Ahava is a brand that is known for incorporating Dead Sea minerals into their skincare and bodycare, which hydrate and restore moisture to even the driest skin. This hand cream is actually quite lovely; it's lightweight but very, very hydrating. My super-chapped hands feel super-smooth and silky after using this, and it leaves a light, clean, slightly floral scent. This sample size is perfect to put in my handbag, and there is definitely enough product for multiple uses. I would definitely considering buying this when it's done.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask (sample size, 3 ml): This mask is made with revitalizing grape acid and antioxidant-rich grape seed oil, which "work together to gently dissolve dead skin cells and reveal a perfectly nourished, balanced, and luminous skin complexion." Caudalie is a great skincare brand, and this mask does seem promising. This sample size will be enough for two uses at most, but it should be enough to see the benefits, as masks are generally more of a short-term fix. The only problem here is that I don't use face masks. I just don't have the patience for them. I wish that I received Caudalie's hand cream instead (I've seen it in other December Glymm boxes).

Sula Natural Lip Gloss in Come Find Me (full size, 2.69 g): I've always wanted to try Sula's products, so I was quite excited when I saw this full-sized lip gloss in this month's box. Sula's gloss has a thinner texture (no thick, gloppy mess here), and has sheer colour pay-off. It has minimal stickiness and goes on smooth. Come Find Me is a peachy nude in the tube, but it goes on clear, perhaps a little milky. It initially reminded me of MAC Cremesheen Glass in Boy Bait, but Come Find Me is actually more sheer. I was kind of disappointed with the shade, because as pretty as it looks in the tube, it really is colourless on the lips. It's ideal for adding shine more than anything else. Overall, I really like the formula, but the smell? Oh, god, the smell is horrible. Like... plastic, with an herbal twist. It's something I would never want to put on my lips. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but the smell of this lip gloss alone would make me not want to buy it. So disappointing!

YSL Parisienne Eau de Parfum (sample size, 7.5 ml): Love, love, love. I actually own the full-size bottle of this, so this little one will be more for putting in my purse. Parisienne has notes of blackberry, damask rose, and sandalwood, and is a very feminine, sophisticated, sweet floral scent. Of course, perfume is a really personal preference, but I'm so glad they chose to include Parisienne in this box, and a very generous size, too! None of those cheap little tubes you get at the drugstore; this is the deluxe sample you get as a bonus in the gift sets.

Jelly Belly Candy: Cherry and chocolate pudding flavours for this month. Honestly, these are cute, but I rarely eat candy, and these just end up piling up on my desk.

Overall, I like the items in this month's box, but the lip gloss was just so disappointing because I really wanted to love it. It just smells completely rancid. I wish they had sent a bottle of Sula's Paint & Peel nail polish instead, because I do really want to try those...
6 comments on "Glymm: December Box"
  1. Because of Mary's post about perfumes, I went to my department store and took a sniff of Parisienne and I'm SOLD! Asking my sister to get it!! I want a sample size too! Know if they sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little boxes are super cute!
    & I will totally eat all these jelly beans for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene -- I'm sure there are tons of YSL Parisienne holiday gift sets out right now! Go check them out; they usually include the miniature perfume sample, or the body wash/body cream duo along with the perfume...

    Janetta -- I will totally give you all my jelly beans. I have like, three jars now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when you're in the area and can stop by! Preferably this weekend? I have treats for you. My phone is wonky, so email/facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janetta -- What are your plans on Saturday night (Christmas Eve)? I have dinner with my mom but I'm pretty much free afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be at my house with Rich, as I have to do some hardcore prepping for Christmas dinner. Feel free to come by anytime after 7:30pm!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9