YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick: #11 Rose Culte and #12 Forbidden Burgundy

on
Sunday, December 11, 2011

I went to Murale with Mary last Friday and left with some new Yves Saint Laurent lipsticks, including two shades of Rouge Volupté. For those who have never had the pleasure of trying YSL's Rouge Volupté lipsticks, they are the epitome of luxury make-up. The packaging is ultra-chic and elegant in weighty gold metal casing, with the YSL logo surrounding the centre of the tube, and a small mirror at the top of the cap for easy touch-ups on-the-go. The formula is ultra-creamy, almost buttery, and it's very pigmented with incredible colour pay-off and a lovely sheen. Despite the creamy formula, they aren't exactly moisturizing, but they aren't drying, either. They go on very smoothly, evenly, and opaquely, and wear very well. They also have a subtle tropical fruit scent but no taste. At the end of it all, they feel and look amazing on the lips.

#11 Rose Culte and #12 Forbidden Burgundy

#11 Rose Culte and #12 Forbidden Burgundy

#11 Rose Culte is a medium bright hot pink with red undertones. This is a fantastic bright pink for those with warmer skintones, or for those who want to wear fuchsia but find it a little too cool-toned. It is warmer and more red than MAC Girl About Town.

#12 Forbidden Burgundy is a medium-dark berry-plum. Typically, berry shades lean cool, but the subtle brown undertones in this shade makes it an ideal berry shade for warmer skintones. It is warmer and less pink than MAC Rebel, and less red than MAC Hang Up.

At $38 a pop, it's definitely a splurge, but if you find a shade that you really like, it's absolutely worth it. In terms of formula, colours, and packaging, YSL's Rouge Voluptés are the most decadent and luxurious lipsticks I own (I like these infinitely more than my Tom Ford lipstick, which is $14 more!). Honestly, Rouge Volupté is my favourite lipstick formula of all time. If they weren't so expensive, you can be damn sure that I would buy every single shade.
7 comments on "YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick: #11 Rose Culte and #12 Forbidden Burgundy"
  1. Both you and Mary are tempting me with YSL lipsticks. Will definitely swatch them when I get the chance.

    Btw, was tweeting Mary this link http://t.co/y4VE9irg and she said that you should try it :) So here you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I have totally wore that look before at work. It was our "theme day" look, lol!

    Definitely check out the YSL lipsticks -- these ones are the Rouge Volupte, and Mary recently reviewed the Rouge Pur Couture (which I also bought, lol). I'm not actually sure what the difference is between the two yet, but they're both GORGEOUS formulas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I said that you should try it so you can finally get more use out of your 10000 lipsticks. hahahaha

    And I LOVE Forbidden Burgundy!!

    I found Rouge Pur Couture to be more moisturizing than Volupte, did you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys work for YSL, don't you? ADMIT IT!

    I don't know what's going on but everyone is showcasing gorgeous lipsticks lately. Fortunately I think I'm starting to become immune. But I always say that before a huge splurge is sprung. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mary -- Pfftttt, I don't have 10000 lipsticks... More like 200. :P And I think you're right, the Rouge Pur Couture is more moisturizing. I find that the Rouge Volupte goes on super creamy but it dries down quite a bit, whereas the Rouge Pur Couture stays creamy.

    @Liz -- Haha, imagine if I did work for YSL, I'd get SO MANY OF THESE LIPSTICKS. And... Mary and I did make the trip to Murale together and chose the YSL lipsticks together, hence all the posts... And I still have one coming up, lol! I don't think we can really be IMMUNE to any make-up product, really... I'll say I won't get something and then I'll get it like, two months later. Just like I say I won't get Twitter, but you never know. I MIGHT SUCCUMB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz..send some immunity this way please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, it's okay, Fieran. Maybe just one YSL lipstick -- 'tis the season, after all... ;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9