Moxie's Classic Grill

on
Thursday, December 22, 2011

Our friend, Sherwin, is back from teaching English in China for Christmas break, so we all met up at Moxie's for dinner tonight. Now, I'm not usually a fan of the food at Moxie's, as it's usually mediocre at best, so I was a little wary when ordering. I ended up deciding on the Italian sausage ravioli, which is a new dish on their holiday menu. And, I gotta say, I was rather impressed. The ravioli is plump and filled with Italian sausage, and then there are chunks of the sausage on top of it, along with green beans, and freshly shaved parmesan cheese. Simple, but very tasty. It's too bad that this dish is only around for a limited time — it's definitely worth adding to their otherwise sub par regular menu.


And for dessert, of course, I got the sticky toffee pudding. Everyone always gets the white chocolate brownie at Moxie's, and it's good, but the sticky toffee pudding is what I keep going back to. It's served warm with melty vanilla ice cream in a pool of toffee, and it's just so damn good. The cake itself is so moist and soft and flavourful, and unlike the brownie, I never feel like it's too much. I never thought I'd say this, but I had some really good food at Moxie's tonight.
2 comments on "Moxie's Classic Grill"
  1. I've ended up at Moxie's a few times and the food isn't bad. I don't think I'd ever recommend it or suggest anyone go there but it's not a bad place to be when there's nothing around or when you're stuck without plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to eat at Moxie's all the time 'cause I worked at Fairview, and while I don't think it's terrible, I don't think it's fantastic, either... And for the price, I expect the food to be pretty decent! But, you're right, it's one of those places that you go when there's nothing else around or you're like "I'M HUNGRY WHERE SHOULD I GO?"

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9