Nak Won

on
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Shawn was craving Korean food, so we decided to check out Nak Won, since we were in the area. When we got into the restaurant, it was completely empty since we had just missed the lunch rush. I don't mind this, because it just means we can order faster, get our food faster, and consume our food faster. Within minutes, we had our drinks, salads, and eight Korean side dishes. The ban chan is probably my favourite thing about eating at Korean restaurants. It adds more variety to your meal, and you can get free refills to your heart's content! I personally like the spicy tofu, glass noodles, spicy bean sprouts, and pickled radishes. Ironically, though, I'm not a fan of kimchi.

Tofu with spicy chili soy sauce

Cold Korean glass noodles

The requisite Korean side dish, kimchi

Dolsot bibimbap with beef

Both Shawn and I ordered the dolsot bibimbap with beef, which is essentially bibimbap but served in a stone pot. I'm not sure how authentic Nak Won's version of the dish is, but I don't care because it was ridiculously good, with the piping hot veggies, beef, rice, fried egg, and hot sauce all mixed together... As we know, I am a sucker for any dish with a fried egg on top, and this is no exception. Our waitress never smiled at us and actually didn't say much at all (perhaps she doesn't know any English), but she was super quick and efficient, and that's all I really care about when I'm hungry. Plus, I go to Korean restaurants for the food, not the service. And as far as I can tell from the food, I will definitely be going back there.
1 comment on "Nak Won"
  1. You don't like kimchi??? :(
    But... but... it's SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9