MAC Surf, Baby!: My Paradise Cheek Powder

on
Thursday, May 26, 2011

MAC's first summer collection, Surf, Baby!, is being released today. My Paradise Cheek Powder is a new and limited edition powder blush. This will undoubtedly be the star product of Surf, Baby!, like the Marine Life Highlight Powder was from last summer's To The Beach collection. It comes with approximately 12 grams of product and retails for $32.

Base colour, base and overlay mixed, overlay colour

My Paradise is a bright medium orange-red with a gold shimmer overlay in the shape of a hibiscus flower. When mixed together, it creates a soft orange with orange-gold shimmer. It's kind of like a more orange version of Nars' Luster blush. I think this powder goes on quite pigmented with good colour pay-off. The base orange-red shade goes on slightly powdery, but it should look much smoother with the gold overlay mixed in. This shade does go on fairly bright, though, so I would work this blush in light layers. It is also very much a warm-toned blush, so it does tend to suit warmer undertones more, though it will work on all skintones from light to dark. This product will undoubtedly be the fastest one to fly off the shelves, so if you're remotely interested, head over to a counter as soon as possible!
2 comments on "MAC Surf, Baby!: My Paradise Cheek Powder"
  1. That's wayyy too gorgeous to use!!! LOVE IT <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know, right? That's why I take pictures of my products first, 'cause I know they won't look like that a minute later. :P I was more sad about last year's Marine Life powder. It had this gorgeous gold seahorse overlay... :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9