Survey Says...

on
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
This week's Survey Says... from Temptalia:

Last beauty retailer you went to? I usually buy most of my cosmetics online, so the last beauty store I actually went into with a purpose was probably Sephora, which was a few weeks ago. (I don't count, say, passing by Trade Secrets to see if they have new nail polish collections out or, like, walking through the cosmetics department at The Bay as actually going to a beauty retailer.)

Did you buy anything? Yup, see my haul post. When I decide to actually go into a Sephora store, I'm there on a mission. I'm not really someone who goes into Sephora "just to browse," unless I'm trying to kill time (or unless I'm in a different city, like New York, in which I like to peruse brands that we don't have here). I ended up spending way too much money, as usual.

If so, what did you love most? I finally splurged on a bottle of AmorePacific's Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum, because I had read and heard amazing things about it from people with all different skin types. After using it for about two weeks now, I can safely say that I'm in love with it. It makes my skin feel hydrated and soft without feeling oily or sticky or leaving a residue. It has made a huge difference in my skin on especially cold days; I'm a smoker and spend a fair amount of time outside in negative temperatures and bitter winds. My skin is also noticeably smoother and more radiant, too. Plus, it smells really good, which is always a nice bonus.

AmorePacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum
6 comments on "Survey Says..."
  1. Good to hear the serum is working! Now I'm curious.

    I stopped by Sephora today to grab my bday gift and some Hourglass samples. Next time I'm going to get one of this serum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, happy birthday!!! What's the Sephora gift this year? :)

      You should definitely try a sample of this serum, it's lovely!

      Delete
    2. Birthday isn't until two weeks later but why wait to pick up a gift, right?

      They gave me the choice of last year's Fresh mini lip set and this year's Benefit set (sample of their mascara and tiny version of the Watt's Up highlighter). I chose the Benefit set.

      Delete
    3. Haha, I totally agree. :) A birthday gift is a birthday gift!

      I might just do another one of those Fresh lip balm sets again... The Benefit set doesn't really appeal to me. Of course, my birthday's not for another, oh, eight months... :P

      Delete
  2. Isn't that serum just so RAD (who uses that word anymore these days?!)?? It's so expensive which is why I haven't really bought another bottle since my last, but you're tempting me with this post! So glad it worked for you.

    I wear this on its own in the summer -- it's that hydrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally used "rad" all last summer. I was like, "I'ma gonna bring that shit back!" It didn't catch on, but I still love it, lol.

      I agree that it is expensive... but then again, I use Lauder's Night Repair, which is $96, so it's not a huge difference in price. We'll see if I still love it in a couple months. If I do, I'll pick up another one when I go to NYC in May. I think it's actually the same price, but at least I can save on the tax. :P (This is all your fault, by the way. If I hadn't read your review on this serum, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.)

      For some reason, I always have to wear a moisturizer on top of a serum... I think it's ingrained in my head that serums are for repairing and moisturizers are for protecting. I tend to use a really lightweight mattifying moisturizer in the summer, anyway.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9