Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush: Charisma and Dazzled

on
Thursday, March 7, 2013

Apparently, I've made it my life mission to own all of Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blushes. Tarte came out with four new shades some time last fall, and due to budgeting or self-control or whatever you want to call it, I only let myself buy two. I will likely buy the other two shades when I return to New York in May, though, since they're $5 cheaper in the US. Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes are solar-baked and, as implied, are infused with Amazonian clay, which Tarte calls "nature's most perfect ingredient." They are supposedly "nutrient rich and skin-nourishing" because of the Amazonian clay, and promise to "restore harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day." It promises to balance out all skin types, so it absorbs oil for those who are oily, hydrates and restores moisture for those who are dry, etc. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes are housed in mirrored compacts with the corresponding blush shade, and are imprinted with the Amazon River flowing through tropical rainforest. Each blush contains 5.6 grams of product, and retails for $31 (note: the Canadian price has decreased by $2 since last year).

Charisma and Dazzled

Charisma and Dazzled

Charisma is a medium-dark reddened coral-pink with soft gold micro-shimmer in a satin finish. It has a soft, silky, finely-milled texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is more pink than Tipsy, less red than Frisky, and darker and more red than Glisten. It is less pink than MAC Fleur Power, brighter than MAC Pinch Me, and darker and more red than NARS Deep Throat. 
Dazzled is a medium browned rose pink with subtle gold micro-shimmer in a satin finish. It has a soft, silky, finely-milled texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is more pink than Exposed, much less yellow than Buff, and less peach than Peaceful. It is more shimmery than MAC Blushbaby, and more pink than NARS Douceur.

Dazzled is very dupeable, but is one of those office-friendly, "everyday" kind of shades that everyone should have. Charisma, on the other hand, is a perfect marriage of red, coral, and pink that is gorgeous for summer or when you want a pop of colour that isn't overly bright. The wear on these are phenomenal, and I actually find the formula to be softer, smoother, and more finely-milled than even NARS. They are blendable and buildable and just go on like a dream. I don't usually have a problem with wear-time with most blushes, but Tarte's 12-hour claim is absolutely true — it looks just as fresh after 12 hours as when I put it on. No need to worry about rushing to get these, since they have been added to the permanent range... But you may want to rush, anyway, because these are just too pretty to resist. Yes, indeed, the Tarte blush love is still going strong.
6 comments on "Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush: Charisma and Dazzled"
  1. GODDAMMIT. I want Charisma!

    I wonder if all the reviews complaining about the Cdn pricing of these blushes finally got the Tarte people thinking twice. I still wouldn't pay $31 though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew you'd be drawn to Charisma, it's totally up your alley. ;)

      I'm going to NYC in May, so I can pick it up for you if it still interests you then!

      Delete
    2. I really want to go to NYC this year but I need a job first. We'll see if I have any money in May! lol

      Delete
    3. Lol, well, the offer is still there, so just let me know. :)

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to buy all of these blushes when they first came out, but then I found out lanolin was one of the first ingredients (if not THE first?) and since I'm allergic, I had to bow out. It hurt my heart for a long time because of all the fab shades, but I'm over it now. I can look at these and thing 'pretty!' but thankfully I'm immune to their lovely charms :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that really, really sucks! I know a few people who are allergic to lanolin, and I know they always have to read the ingredients lists before trying anything on, which can be super annoying. These blushes are amazing, but there are tons of other brands that have fantastic blushes, so just consider it "saving" money. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9