Prihtee Paintz Nail Polish in Love Taco

on
Thursday, February 14, 2013


A couple days ago, my friend, Fran, introduced me to her friend who owns an indie polish company called Prihtee Paintz. She had a box of her polishes with her, so I obviously had to take a look, and I bought two then and there (at $10.50 a pop, I could not resist... and, hey, I love supporting indie companies). I mean, come on, showing me nail polish is like showing an alcoholic a double shot of vodka. Anyway, she had some shades from her Valentine's collection with her, and when I saw Love Taco, I knew I had to have it. (I would also have bought the polish based on the name alone.) I'm not really celebrating Valentine's Day this year, but my nails sure are.

Love Taco (worn on top of Julep's Joan and Chanel's Rouge Noir)

Love Taco is a clear light pink base with neon pink large heart and hexagonal glitter, light pink pearl medium hexagonal glitter, red square glitter, and red holographic micro-glitter. Due to the intense amount of glitter, it does go on quite chunky and thick, and it does require some work to place the glitter pieces evenly. Because of the clear base and different sizes of glitter, it does not really reach opacity and should be used more so as a top coat (in the photo, I have used Julep's Joan on my index and ring fingers and Chanel's Rouge Noir on my middle and pinky fingers). I can't find an exact dupe; this has a lot more glitter than Nicole by OPI's Have a Heart. I used two coats on top of a cream polish, which seemed to yield a good amount of glitter per nail. This is one of those polishes that can be time-consuming to use because the glitter doesn't apply very evenly on the nail, so you might have to shift some here and there... But, hey, this has got to be one of the most fun polishes I've ever seen for Valentine's. It's like Cupid exploded all over my nails.

Happy Valentine's Day to those who are celebrating; Happy Thursday to those who aren't!
7 comments on "Prihtee Paintz Nail Polish in Love Taco"
  1. LOL @ "It's like Cupid exploded all over my nails."
    Whoa there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a crude one... But then again, this nail polish IS called Love Taco...

      Delete
  2. Love Taco, what a name. I love how this look. Paired with a red polish underneath, and it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried this one on top of a pale pink originally and it just looked all wrong, almost like... barf, lol. But with the dark red (especially Rouge Noir), it looks beautiful. Got lots of compliments on this! :)

      Delete
  3. I like that you mixed up the base - love it with Rouge Noir. I'm so out of the nail polish phase right now, it's crazy. Bare nails for months and months. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I felt that having only one base colour was too boring, as if the crazy glitter didn't have enough interest. :P Everyone seems to love it over Rouge Noir. :)

      GET BACK IN THE GAME, LIZ! I can't remember the last time I left the house with bare nails...

      Delete
  4. Hi Denise! :D

    Thank you so much for the review! I stumbled across it from google.

    I love how you paired up the polishes and your pix are stunning! (I really need to get a light tent LOL)

    I've posted the link on my prihtee paintz FB page.

    Thanks again,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9