Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Fiver

on
Monday, February 18, 2013

After yesterday's -22ºC (with windchill) temperature, it feels like Spring is never going to arrive, but at least cosmetics companies are keeping us entertained with their Spring collections (by "keeping us entertained," I really mean "mocking us"). A few weeks ago, Butter London released their Spring collection, aptly named Sweetie Shop. There are a total of six new shades, all of them pastel shades in cream finishes (I told you I'd go back to creams, didn't I?). This is not a new trend for Spring, as pastels (or "Easter colours") are pretty common to be released this time of year, but I picked up a few shades because they were just too damn cute to resist. I was seriously debating whether or not I should pick up Fiver, but we all know mint greens are my weakness.


Fiver is a pale mint green-aqua with blue undertones in a cream finish. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on fairly smoothly without any pulling or bubbling, but I did experience some streaking. It has high pigmentation and goes opaque in two medium coats, though a third coat may be needed to help with covering any streaks. It is more blue than Essie's Mint Candy Apple, less greyed than China Glaze's Re-Fresh Mint, and more green than Illamasqua's Nudge. There are a lot of good dupes for this shade, but if you're on the lookout for a mint green polish, this is a great option as it does have a better formula than most mint shades I've tried (which tend to be more streaky, uneven, and sheer). For whatever reason, the only thing I can think of to compare this shade to right now is Baskin-Robbins' Daiquiri Ice ice cream. I am seriously ready for warmer weather, guys.
6 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Fiver"
  1. Replies
    1. I have a soft spot for mint greens. :) Aside from being soft and pretty, it's sort of my version of a "nude" polish because it still looks clean.

      Delete
  2. I like how blue it is for a green! But again, still in the nail polish rut. I wonder when the heck it's going to end. It's like being constipated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL @ "It's like being constipated!"

      I hope you get out of the rut soon, Liz, it's not healthy for your nail polish-loving soul...

      Delete
  3. HAHAHA @ Liz!!!! Though, I am in the same boat - nothing is really 'grabbing' me lately. However, THIS COLOR!! This is probably the ONLY shade I've been super into for spring, so pretty! But, I own MAC's Mischievous Mint from a couple years ago, and it looks pretty close, so I can't justify owning both. I am DEFINITELY a sucker for mint greens though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty similar to Mischievous Mint, not gonna lie... It has a slightly better formula, but not worth dishing out $17 for! Did you end up getting Jasper???

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9