Survey Says...

on
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
This week's Survey Says... from Temptalia:

Best navy blue eyeliner? I love MAC's Petrol Blue Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner for its gorgeous creamy texture and shimmery metallic finish, and MAC's Night Trail Pro Longwear Eye Liner for its longevity on the waterline.

MAC Petrol Blue Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner and Night Trail Pro Longwear Eye Liner

Best navy blue eyeshadow? MAC's Lunar Extra Dimension Eyeshadow. Love, love, love the formula of these — smooth, silky, pigmented, and lightweight — and this is the most gorgeous navy with a slight violet-blue sheen.

MAC Lunar Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

Best way to complement navy blue eye makeup? A nude lip. When I do a navy blue eye, I like to keep the rest of the face neutral. I have a ton of nude lipsticks, but a favourite has always been YSL's Rouge Volupté Lipstick in #4 Sweet Honey (I think this has been discontinued, sadly). And I use MAC's Double Happiness Cremesheen Glass on top of all my nude lipsticks because it has just the perfect amount of peachy-pink in it to keep my lips from looking too washed out.

MAC Double Happiness Cremesheen Glass and YSL #4 Sweet Honey Rouge Volupté Lipstick
2 comments on "Survey Says..."
  1. I'm kind of sad that the Lunar Extra Dimension never came here :(

    1. I really like the Pearlglide in Petrol Blue too. I don't know why I don't use it often enough.

    2. The Motorhead blue eyeshadow that came out with MAC's Jenius collection was really nice. I used to wear blue eyeshadow a lot but lately I haven't, in a long, long time. I've moved over to coppers, olives, and gold toned shades instead.

    3. I try to use very little blush and lipstick. My favourite lipstick when wearing blue eyeshadow is Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen. I'm not sure if you've heard of the brand, but the lipsticks (made by Poppy King) are so soft and buttery smooth. The best part of Jean Queen is actually the fact that the lipstick case is blue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So weird that Lunar wasn't released over there! Do you know if the other shades were available?

      Honestly, I don't use pencil eyeliners often, either. I do use the new Pro Longwear Eye Liners on my waterline from time to time, like when I'm doing a dark smoky eye, but otherwise, I rarely make use of pencils... I should really change that... But I love my liquid eyeliner too much. :P

      Yeah, Motorhead is a nice shade. :) Loved the design on those shadows!

      Haha, I remember your blue eyeshadow phase well. ;) Glad you're moving on to different shades now, though. I've always been partial to warmer colours myself!

      I have a few Lipstick Queen lipsticks that I bought in NYC and they are really nice. I rarely ever use them, though -- for whatever reason, I always forget about them. I really should bust them out again. Lipstick Queen isn't widely available here, so I don't often think about the brand. Jean Queen looks like a lovely shade, though -- reminds me of MAC's Fanfare! :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9