NARS Fall 2012 Color Collection: Outlaw Blush

on
Saturday, September 29, 2012

NARS Fall 2012 Color Collection sees the release of nine products, of which two are new and limited edition, and the remaining seven are new and will be made permanent (as far as I know). Fall 2012 Color Collection contains one shade of powder blush, which is actually the only product I picked up from this launch. Each blush is housed in a regular matte rubberized rectangular compact, contains 4.8 grams of product, and retails for $32.


Outlaw is a medium-dark raspberry pink with soft gold shimmer-sheen. It is a new and permanent shade. It has a fairly dry, stiff texture, and as a result, goes on a bit patchy and unevenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-sheer to semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is layerable, but the more opaque the colour becomes, the harder it is to blend out because of the texture. It is more pink than Dolce Vita, softer and less red than Crazed, softer and more plum than MAC Breezy, brighter and more pink than MAC Plum Foolery, and brighter and less plum than TheBalm Cabana Boy.

NARS states that this is a new blush shade, but I'm pretty sure there was a shade called Outlaw in their permanent range before. I never owned it, so I'm not sure if this differs from the old Outlaw or if it is a re-release. Outlaw is a gorgeous shade for fall, but the texture is a major letdown. It's especially disappointing since NARS is known for their soft, smooth, ultra-blendable blushes, and Outlaw is so dry and hard to use. On the bright side, it's harder to over-do on the cheeks (this type of colour can go terribly, terribly clown-cheeky if used too heavily). I love the shade, so I don't regret getting it, but it's definitely not a must-have; you're better off getting one of the dupes.
2 comments on "NARS Fall 2012 Color Collection: Outlaw Blush"
  1. It's such a pretty colour, but yeah, I read the quality wasn't so great. NARS blushes are so weirdly collectable though. I don't have any now to worry over but they can be really tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DON'T I KNOW IT. That's why I have 12 of them. :P

      There are still a few from the permanent collection that I want to add to my stash: Liberté, Mata Hari, and Torrid.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9