100 Degrees Hot Pot

on
Friday, September 28, 2012
The gang and I went for some late-night all-you-can-eat hot pot at 100 Degrees. I hadn't eaten hot pot in over a decade, so you can imagine how excited I was. So excited, in fact, that I may have gone a little overboard with the photos:

Tray of condiments for making custom dipping sauces

Iced Chrysanthemum tea

My dipping sauce: A raw egg, soy sauce, satay sauce, peanut sauce, garlic, and sesame seeds

Satay broth and clear broth

Beef slices

Cuttlefish balls and beef balls

Beef ribeye

Lamb slices

Beef tongue

Chicken wings

Fish paste balls

Wontons and water dumplings

Udon noodles

Watercress and Chinese spinach

Boil, boil, boil!

Just one of many, many bowls of deliciousness

Coconut ice cream (with actual coconut chunks!) for dessert

Since I'm a newbie at going to hot pot, I'm not sure how this place rates in comparison to other hot pot restaurants, but I was pretty damn impressed with the selection (and we went when they were serving their late-night menu which doesn't come with a lot of the offerings from their regular menu). They only have three or four broth choices during late-night, but the satay and clear broths worked perfectly fine for us 'cause coconut fungus and American ginseng sounded a little too fancy, anyway. I really like that they give you a tray of condiments to customize dipping sauces, too. And they serve sweet iced Crysanthemum tea in lieu of water or regular jasmine tea (like at typical Chinese restaurants), which proved to be much more refreshing and tasty alongside our hot pot. The restaurant was clean and organized, and given how busy it was, the service was pretty decent (there was only one waiter serving half the restaurant but he was efficient enough and pretty polite given his limited English). Oh, and did I mention that it's only $13.99 per person after 10:00pm? So worth it.


100 Degrees Hot Pot
650 Highway 7 East, Unit 102
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4A7
(905) 370-1981
6 comments on "100 Degrees Hot Pot"
  1. 100 degrees is one of my favourite places for hot pot. I never go past 10 PM since I'm not a vampire but $13.99 is an excellent deal!

    My only issue with this post is that I wasn't invited... lol. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, as I said, I AM SORRY I THOUGHT YOU WERE SLEEPING.

      I feel like I would never go hot-potting before 10:00pm, though, so this is a conundrum...

      Delete
  2. OH. There's a hot pot place everyone seems to like and says even better than 100 degrees just down the street. It's at the building where I work: Hipot Hotpot http://eatdrink-and-be-mary.blogspot.ca/2011/05/hipot-hot-pot.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, we will need to do some research. Oh, man, the seafood add-on looks really good. Maybe I will go with you to hot pot before 10:00pm one day because they don't offer seafood on the late-night menu. :(

      Delete
  3. YUMMERS!
    Everything looks really good and fresh! I would have totally pigged out on beef (balls/slices) and lamb. Are you sure that plate of beef brisket isn't cow tongue? lol There looks to be taste buds. I love cow tongue. :)

    I always wondered why people add raw egg in their sauce. Does it make it...creamier?

    ME.HUNGRY.NOW. >:T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopsies, you're right, it is beef tongue. :)

      And yes, the raw egg is mostly for added flavour and texture. It helps coat the food more, too. :)

      We should go to hot pot sometime, when you feel like going out for dinner!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9