Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in All Hail the Queen

on
Thursday, July 26, 2012

After all these colourful nail polishes I've been wearing this summer, I decided it was time to switch it up with a neutral. I know, I know, me wearing a neutral? The thought is rather ridiculous, but I got to keep edgy, you know? On that note, I bought Butter London's All Hail the Queen (previously called All Hail McQueen in honour of Alexander McQueen) sometime last year, but never ended up wearing it, so I thought it was about time to bust it out.


All Hail the Queen is a medium greyed beige-brown with pale nude micro-shimmer. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has medium pigmentation, and will go opaque in three medium coats. It is lighter and has less of a silvered shimmer than Orly's Nite Owl, darker and more shimmered than Chanel's Frenzy, and lighter and warmer than Essie's Mochacino. Not gonna lie, when I first put this on, I thought it looked pretty boring. It was just a typical "greige" with some shimmer. But then I went to the sunlight and bam! — the shimmer is holographic. So, by default, it's the most awesome nude nail polish I own.
12 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in All Hail the Queen"
  1. I love that! It's so neutral and very clean looking but what i don't like is that it tends to look dirty after 2-3 days? One of my faves tho!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it kinda does! Once the shininess of the top coat wears off, I feel like it just looks like... a dirty mushroom, lol.

      Delete
    2. LOL!!


      Anyway, that has to be my next Butter London shade. SUPER pretty!

      Delete
    3. It is, indeed! I think this is one of Butter's best-selling shades. I guess there was also a lot of hype over it after Alexander McQueen died, 'cause this was created in honour of him. But it goes with everything, and it's office-friendly, too!

      Delete
  2. It's so nice - a neutral with some edge. I haven't really tried Butter London. There are some beautiful shades though.

    I'm itching to get Chanel's Vertigo for Fall :) I love dark shades like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Butter London! They've got some awesome, more unique shades. :) And they're much more widely available now! I think All Hail the Queen would be a great neutral for you, too.

      Vertigo is one of those shades that I'd have to see in person to judge whether I like it or not. On the one hand, I have so many dark brown/plum shades like that, but on the other hand, it apparently looks different in all different lightings... I gotta go to a Chanel counter and check out their new offerings! It's been too long. :P

      Delete
  3. I used to have Yummy Mummy shade which was so dreadfully boring. This is more like it! My Butter London love is faltering as of late, however. The shades I really want from them right now are The Black Knight and Jaffa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe it's because Butter London hasn't released anything new recently. When they come out with new collections, I get super excited, buy all of them, and then the excitement fades as I make my way through them, lol. That having been said, I'm excited to see what they're gonna release for fall! :)

      Jaffa looks gorgeous but really dupeable, I think. I don't have it, but I've seen it in store and swatches of it online. I bought The Black Knight last winter, and it was... okay. I didn't think it was anything special, personally, but a lot of people liked the colour.

      Delete
  4. I only own two butter London polishes, and both have a fantastic formula - so why don't I own more?? Can't be the price, since I own 5 Chanel's....I think it's because, a lot of the shades just don't do it for me! It's a sad state of affairs. However, this shade is great and I keep giving it the eye, but I'm not sure it'll look nice on my skintone. It's worth a shot though as I do love me a good work-appropriate yet still fun shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a lot of Butter London's shades (apparently, I own 27 of them, lol) but I do find that a lot of them are quite dupeable these days so they might not be unique enough for you to spend $20 on! It really depends on what you're looking for, too. But I do think this shade will work beautifully on your skintone -- I actually think it'll look way better on you than on me! Definitely check it out. :)

      Delete
  5. i love how you describe all your nail polish colours in such detail...
    cus i would've just said. - it's gray. okthxbai.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! But, as a make-up artist, I've learned to describe product in more detail -- not just in colour, but in consistency and texture, too. :) Helps keeps everything nice and organized, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9