Survey Says...

on
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
This week's Survey Says... from Temptalia:
  1. Your skintone/colouring? Medium with yellow/olive undertones (NC35), dark brown hair and eyes.
  2. Favourite blush/highlighter combo? Currently, it's TheBalm's Hot Mama! as my blush and MAC's Light Year Mineralize Skinfinish as my highlighter, though my classic go-to all year 'round is MAC's Warm Soul Mineralize Blush with MAC's Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish as my highlighter.
  3. Favourite lipstick/gloss combo? At the moment, it's a tie between MAC's Pleasureseeker with MAC's Meteoric Cremesheen Glass and MAC's Impassioned with MAC's Astral Cremesheen Glass. However, my favourite go-to nude combo is MAC's Viva Glam II with MAC's Private Screening Cremesheen Glass, and my favourite go-to bright combo is MAC's Love Forever! with MAC's Loud & Lovely Cremesheen Glass.
  4. Favourite eyeshadow combo? My go-to classic eyeshadow combo is MAC's All That Glitters all over the lid, MAC's Sable in the crease, MAC's Sketch in the outer corner, and the shimmery champagne shade in MAC's This & That Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo for the highlight.
6 comments on "Survey Says..."
  1. 1. Dark with yellow undertones (NW43), black hair and brown eyes.
    2. My favourite blush is MAC's Vintage Grape. I find it very flattering and it usually goes with most of my eyeshadow looks. I don't always use a highlighter but when I do, it's either MAC's Lightscapade or Petticoat.
    3. I love Cremesheen glasses so I sometimes just dab a wee bit (MAC Over Indulgence or Natural Flare) on any of my brownish-pink lipsticks (MAC Gem of Roses, Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen, or MAC Fast Play).
    4. I have a few that I rotate on days where I'm running late. Currently it's either Laura Mercier's Black Karat on a creamy black base with MAC's Howzat in the crease; or MAC Amber Lights with the Shop & Drop (the dark purpley blue shade from the Shop & Drop quad) in the crease; or MAC Gilt by Association on a creamy black base with Folie in the crease -- all with lots of black eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, love Vintage Grape!!! I wish they would re-release the peach shade in those Ombre blushes. It was so gorgeous and I didn't pick it up at the time!!! :(

      I almost forgot about Lightscapade... I really should bust that out again, 'cause it's definitely a favourite of mine! I sort of re-organized all of my make-up and you know, "out of sight, out of mind."

      I love your eyeshadow combos! I wouldn't have thought of putting Gilt by Association with Folie -- will need to try that soon! And Amber Lights and Shop & Drop sounds amazing. :)

      Delete
    2. Was it Ripe Peach or something like that? I think a lot of people were upset that it wasn't repromoted. I wish MAC would just make those ombre blushes permanent. The texture of Vintage Grape is so nice. I barely need any for it to show up on my skin.

      Hehehe, I know. I have that "out of sight, out of mind" problem too :) Especially with clothing. I always forget what I have.

      Thank you! I love creating new combos so I do spend some time swatching around on my hand to visualize which colours I can combine together. I'm too much of an eyeshadow addict. I use Folie in the crease a lot to warm up my dramatic eyeshadow looks otherwise my eyes look a bit..evil :) I knew about Amber Lights for awhile but I never bought it until a few months ago. It's such a gorgeous shade. I even wore it for my cousin's wedding with Legendary Black in the crease and outer corner.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it was called Ripe Peach. :) I understand why they didn't release it with the collection that they released the other two (Daphne Guinness) 'cause it didn't go with the colour theme... But I really hope to see it soon. Given the nature of the shade, though, it'll probably be a Spring/Summer launch if they choose to re-promote it! I totally agree with you on Vintage Grape, though -- the texture is so smooth and soft. It's a bit dark for me, but it's gorgeous on darker skintones.

      Amber Lights has been a favourite of mine for years -- I'm so glad you bought it! I'm great that you have fun playing around with eyeshadows. Too many people are too safe with their colours!

      Delete
    4. You know, I've heard there is an Estee Lauder permanent ombre blush (Peach Nuance) that looks very similar to Ripe Peach..if you want to get a dupe. But you probably already know that :) True, the Daphne Guinness range was more dark and slightly vampy.

      I do try not to scare people away with my makeup though :) Honestly, the only reason I can get away with coloured makeup is because I don't work in a corporate environment so I can express myself a bit. Wearing some funky eye make up is what gets me out of the bed on cold, miserable days.

      Delete
    5. LOL, you know when you're set on getting a certain product and a dupe just won't do? That's what I feel like with Ripe Peach. :P Like, I have Azalea Blossom and Vintage Grape and I NEED to have Ripe Peach to round it out, lol.

      Haha, it's great that you make an effort! Playing with make-up is the reason why I get up every day. ;)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9