Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Rosie Lee

on
Thursday, June 28, 2012

After wearing all these cream finish nail polishes in the past month, I was in the mood for some sparkly, bling-y glitter. I went through a pretty hardcore glitter phase several months ago, and then sort of stopped when summer started. I also went through a pretty hardcore Butter London phase (holy crap, I now have 27 of them), and never ended up wearing this one. I don't know how this is possible given the aforementioned glitter phase, but I must've forgotten about this one. This is how you know you have too many nail polishes.


Rosie Lee is a medium salmon pink glitter suspended in a clear base. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has a surprisingly high pigmentation for a glitter polish and will reach opacity in two coats, though you might want to do three if you like a denser look in your glitter polishes. The colour of the glitter is very similar to Deborah Lippmann's Some Enchanted Evening, but Rosie Lee contains much more glitter and can therefore achieve opacity on its own without layering on top of another colour — Some Enchanted Evening can't reach opacity even after five coats (I stop trying after that). Moreover, Rosie Lee has uniform glitter particles, whereas Some Enchanted Evening has both small and larger hexagonal glitter. This is honestly one of the "classier" glitter polishes I've come across — the glitter particles are on the finer side and are a uniform colour, so it's not as "funky" or "garish" as some other glitter polishes.
2 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Rosie Lee"
  1. Here's an "oooh" moment: OOOOOOOOOOOOH!

    I've eyed this one a lot but felt hesitant about picking up more glitters that I never bother to wear (because I can't be bothered to spend the time rubbing them off). It's so pretty though. I like Butter London but don't feel like a lot of their shades are must-have but this one fits the bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just get some 100% acetone nail polish remover! Takes off glitter so much faster -- just wrap it around each nail for about a minute (I usually have two or three soaked cotton pads going on at a time, lol) and the glitter just slides right off. :)

      Totally agree on Butter London, though -- I think I used to be much more obsessed with them because it was such a novelty here, but now that it's so widely available, I only look at the more unique shades. :P

      Rosie Lee is definitely a lovely glitter, though, and the colour can be worn all year round, too. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9