Montréal: Eggspectation

on
Saturday, February 25, 2012

Having played Bang! (a most addictive game) until about 5:00 in the morning, we didn't actually get up until about 2:00 in the afternoon on Tuesday. And we were all craving breakfast food, but had no idea who served all-day breakfast... until we walked by Eggspectation on Rue Sainte-Catherine. I know there is a location by the Eaton Centre in Toronto, but for whatever reason, I have never been there. The menu is fairly large there, but with a name like Eggspectation, I couldn't not get eggs. But even then, there are about five full sections of the menu dedicated to eggs or egg dishes. So I decided upon one of their signature dishes, actually called Eggspectation: a three-egg omelette with mushrooms, onions, green and red peppers, bacon, sausage, and ham. Served with grilled potatoes, buttered toast, and fruit. I thought it was quite good, at least from what I remember, but I think it would be a real travesty if the eggs at a place called Eggspectation were bad. It's a great place to go if you're in Montréal and craving breakfast at a non-breakfast time (they have eight locations!).
9 comments on "Montréal: Eggspectation"
  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast food for breakfast, lunch or dinner! In Manila, most people eat garlic rice (rice fried with garlic), tapa (saucy beef jerky) or tocino (sweet chicken or pork) and a sunny side up egg for breakfast and it's def one of my favorite meals EVER!!! yummmm! Here's a pic of a typical Filipino breakfast.

    http://angsarap.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/tapsilog.jpg - (TAPA)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scaredykat/4978841210/ - (TOCINO)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH GOD. I think I could live quite happily eating in Manila... And you guys love SPAM!!! I swear, I haven't had Spam in about five years... SO GOOD. My mom used to take us to these HK-style cafes for breakfast, and we'd always get a bowl of macaroni in soup with an egg and a slice of Spam. Mmm...

      Delete
    2. Everytime I'm in Hong Kong, I keep forgetting to eat restaurants that serve macaroni soup and spam!! I usually eat congee for breakfast when I'm there.. Hmm hmm hmm!

      Yes, we really have the BEST food in Manila!!

      Delete
  2. Oh crap. Just woke up and have the biggest craving for eggs, and ALL I HAVE ARE EGGS. I need the other stuff to make this omelette!!!!!!!!!

    I've been to a few Eggspectations (including the one near Eaton Centre) and they're not all that great. I think the problem is they're too busy and the food isn't prepared with as much care - and I used to find the portions kind of small. Been a while since I've gone to one, though. Last week I went to a Milestone's near my house for brunch and it was surprisingly fabulous! But they're very consistent with the quality of their food, unlike the Yorkdale location which SUCKS and should be closed down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, grocery shopping time? :)

      I thought this Eggspectation was really good, but maybe it's because it wasn't busy at all (we went there around 3:00pm)... but everyone's food was great and I thought the portions were HUGE. I swear to you, I was so full, I wasn't hungry until MIDNIGHT. For reals, yo. Maybe they're different in Quebec...

      I have never been to Milestone's for brunch (I haven't been there in years, actually)... but then again, I'm rarely ever AWAKE to go to brunch... :P I remember their bellinis were quite good, but I don't drink anymore, lol.

      Delete
  3. Why didn't it have cheeeesseeeee??? We should go to Wimpy's Diner (after our Burger's Priest meet-up, of course). Their breakfast items ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it did have cheese... I just don't remember which one, lol. Either way, more cheese would've made it better, it's true.

      Oooh, does Wimpy's have all-day breakfast? If so, I AM DOWN.

      Delete
    2. You guys dine at the funniest restaurants! "Burger's Priest" and now "Wimpys"?? LOL!

      Delete
    3. LOL, hey, good food is good food! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9