Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Knackered

on
Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Because I needed more nail polish in my life, I ordered all five shades from Butter London's Spring/Summer collection (the set of five is $73, rather than $85, which is what all five would normally cost). I actually got these in the mail a couple weeks ago, but seeing as I still have about 30 other shades to try, I didn't get around to looking at these until this week. I decided to try Knackered first because it looked the most unique. Butter London describes this colour as, "A sheer twinkling oyster shade flecked with glitter particles." I'm not exactly sure what they mean by "oyster," but it does kind of have that multi-chrome effect of an oyster shell: it shines periwinkle blue at one angle, silver at another, and grey-green at another. It has a metallic finish, and has multi-coloured micro-glitter throughout that shines all different colours in different angles. It's a really pretty effect, actually. As mentioned, this is a sheer formula, so you need a minimum of three coats to get it opaque (I did three medium coats, and you can still kind of see my nail showing through, but it's mostly opaque). This would actually be really pretty layered on top of blue, grey, and green polishes. I can't think of any dupes for this shade, which is always impressive in a world with thousands (millions?) of nail polish shades.
10 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Knackered"
  1. Ooohmyyygod that is SOOOOOO pretty.. I usually am NOT into silver-ish nail polish, but I really dig that one! How long does it take for Butter to start chipping off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, one of my guy friends could NOT STOP STARING at my nails tonight. He was like, "LOOK THEY CHANGE COLOUR IN THE LIGHT!!!" And he went on and on about this for about ten minutes, no joke. LOL, guys.

      I actually don't know how long it takes Butter London to start chipping off, because I have never worn a nail polish for more than four days... But it lasts at least that long! :D

      Delete
  2. P.S. You have been on a MAJOR nail polish kick lately, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, when am I NOT on a major nail polish kick? :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha, right? You should totally get it! I haven't seen it available at The Bay locations yet, but I think Holt Renfrew might have it. :)

      Delete
  4. I stared at the Butter London rack at The Bay for some time today and didn't buy any! One, I didn't see this. Two, I should wait for Bay Days or coupons or whatever, right? RIGHT. Now show me the other six! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if The Bay will be getting new collections from Butter London! I know they have the permanent range right now, but I don't know if they'll be adding anything new. (Though, to be fair, Butter London often adds shades from seasonal collections to their permanent line, like Blagger and Dosh from last summer, and Fairy Lights from the holidays. And I think I've seen Wallis at The Bay as well.) I think Holt Renfrew might have the new collection now, though. :)

      And yes, you should totally wait for those Bay coupons!!! There's a beauty discount card that's going on right now until the 26th. ALSO, if you didn't get that discount card, there's this deal where you can bring in one skincare container (any brand, empty or full, it doesn't matter) and you can get $10 off any $50 purchase in cosmetics at The Bay (if you bring in two containers, you get $20 off a $100 purchase in cosmetics). I believe this offer also ends on the 26th! :)

      I will review the other four shades in the upcoming weeks, don't you worry! ;)

      Delete
  5. I wish BUTTER was more affordable! I seriously cannot justify the price on these babies! I think I'm good with OPI/ORLY/ESSIE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Butter London more expensive over there? I mean, to be fair, they're not exactly cheap here at $17 a pop, but it's not as much as some higher end brands (Dior, Chanel, etc.). Maybe that's why I don't mind paying for them... :P They are worth it for the more unique colours like this, though! I do love my OPI and China Glaze and Zoya, though. I just love nail polish in general. :P

      Some people can justify a $2000 handbag or a $500 pair of shoes -- I can justify $17 nail polish! ;)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9