Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Exquis

on
Thursday, December 15, 2011

So, after reading about it everywhere, I finally broke down and bought Dior's Exquis nail polish from their holiday collection. It's a murky olive-brown with muted gold shimmer, though it looks more brown in certain lighting, and more olive green in other lighting. It's an interesting take on a holiday colour, and actually makes for a good neutral shade. The formula on Dior polishes are absolutely phenomenal: a little on the thicker side, but has smooth flow, even application, and goes on nearly opaque with one coat. The brush is also thicker, so it takes less time to coat the entire nail (though this also means less precision, so those with smaller nails may not appreciate it). Either way, I was totally in love with this shade... but after a few days of wear with dulling top coat, I realized: It looks kind of like baby poop.
4 comments on "Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Exquis"
  1. Haaaaa, baby poop! After visiting my friend and her newborn this morning: I concur. I can't stand dulling and tip-wear. Must redo manicure instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I totally put a gold glitter polish on top of Exquis, and now it looks pretty good... ready for Christmas!

    But yeah, that's the reason I do my nails every three or four days. Because I'm constantly doing make-up on people, I always sanitize/wash my hands, and my nail polish looks like TOTAL CRAP after a couple days. :( I need to re-do mine ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol baby poop did not cross my mind at all! Now...it kinda does...it is weird that I still like it? Haha.
    I adore Dior nail polishes, I love the brush applicators too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey -- LOL, no it's not weird that you still like it.I love Dior's polishes, too. It looks awesome when it's freshly painted and the top coat's still shiny, it just looks like baby poop after a few days of wear, 'cause the gold shimmer doesn't really shine anymore. :P

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9