Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in The Black Knight

on
Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I got my package from Butter London yesterday, so I obviously had to have a little nail polish party. I ordered two of the three shades from their holiday collection, and decided to try The Black Knight first. It's a black base with silver, fuchsia, and blue glitter. The picture on their website is really deceiving, because it looks full-on purple online, but there's not a hint of purple in real life. That aside, it's really, really pretty in the bottle (though I'm not sure how this fits in a holiday collection). In execution, however, it's a little... underwhelming. Maybe because I've been wearing tons of glitter polishes recently, but this one seems a little... dull? Boring? I feel like they could have incorporated bigger chunks of glitter (I'm a big fan of hexagonal glitter, personally) to give it some more interest and texture. It goes on like you would expect with a glitter polish; three coats are needed for opaque colour pay-off. This shade is a fun party shade, but it's not really a must-have to me. There are better black and glitter polishes out there. I guess this is a "classier" glitter polish option...
4 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in The Black Knight"
  1. Looks pretty damn gorgeous to me! This sort of shade is right up my alley. It looks like I'll have to storm the Holts nail polish section again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly, it does look a lot better in person than it does in the picture! I'm not saying it's ugly or anything like that, it's just very... unassuming for a glitter polish. :P I'm used to like, IN YOUR FACE BLING glitters... It's pretty unique as far as black polishes go, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually quite like the subdued glitter! I think I might have to pick one up for myself. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sydney -- you totally should to replace your broken one. :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9