Friday Five

on
Friday, October 7, 2011
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What book did you struggle to get through but is something you're glad you've read? Both A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and The Red Tent by Anita Diamant.
  2. What's a book whose popularity has baffled you? Any of Lauren Conrad's books.
  3. If you could make everyone you know read one book, what would it be? The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I read it when I was 13, and it's still one of my favourite novels to this day. But I guess no one will really have to read it soon, since they're making the movie (much to my dismay).
  4. What book have you liked less and less as time has gone by? Any book from the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. They were super fun to read before, but as I've re-read them, they've gotten increasingly more annoying. I couldn't even get through two chapters of Mini Shopaholic.
  5. What book have you loved more and more as time has gone by? Despite all the publicity the series has gotten because of the film franchise, the Harry Potter series. I've had a love affair with Harry Potter since I was 11. And I catch more and more things I missed previously every time I re-read them. I am transported into this magical world every time I read them; not many books do that for me anymore.
2 comments on "Friday Five"
  1. Atwood is NEVER fun to read, although there's always a sense of accomplishment at having finished one of her books. I've heard that's how it feels to meet her too, lol.

    The Shopaholic series makes me want to gag, though I read it and did relate to the compulsive shopping issue. But it's so shallowly explored and they let whatshername get away with everything all the time that it became absolutely ludicrous.

    And believe it or not, I've never read Harry Potter. I swear I will someday. Don't banish me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading Oryx and Crake to no avail. :P I had to read A Handmaid's Tale for school, but otherwise, I don't think I would ever have picked up one of her books. :P

    Haha, I can totally relate to Becky Bloomwood ("It's a one-off!") but yeah, her situations are absolutely ridiculous. Like, she'll buy things for the sake of spending money. I think she buys a fencing outfit and reasons, "I'm definitely going to take those fencing classes soon." It gets really annoying.

    I won't banish you, but you must read HP at some point. It's just so well-written and so imaginative. I'd be surprised if Rowling wasn't high for thinking some of the stuff up, actually... But all seven books are so absolutely worth reading, I can't stress it enough!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9