Montréal: La Maison du Macaron

on
Thursday, February 23, 2012

The six of us arrived in Montréal late afternoon on Monday. Since our hotel was downtown, we figured we'd walk around the area before going for dinner later in the evening. We were walking through Centre Eaton, where I spotted a kiosk with rows upon rows of macarons — turns out, La Maison du Macaron opened up a booth there recently! Macarons are a rare treat for me, so I jumped at the chance to get some. I decided to get a box of 12 in ten different flavours:

Blood Orange, Apple & Cinnamon, and Banana & Guava

Chocolate & Orange, Chocolate & Banana, Maple Cream, Mango Pepper, and Lemon

Vanilla and Coffee

These were probably some of the best macarons I've ever tried (at least, in Canada); delicate, but not too crumbly, with a rich, flavourful ganache that isn't too dense or chewy. My favourites were the Apple & Cinnamon, Maple Cream, and Coffee. I love that they offer some really awesome unique flavours that aren't available at some of the bigger macaron retailers. If you're a macaron fan and visiting Montréal, La Maison du Macaron is definitely worth checking out.
6 comments on "Montréal: La Maison du Macaron"
  1. Replies
    1. Lol, I think I have the Banana & Guava and the Mango Pepper left. :)

      WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE MACARONS?

      Delete
    2. It WILL happen..one day!
      You'll be the first to eat them..even if they do turn out to be huge failures.. lol

      Delete
    3. It's okay, I will still eat them! I'm reliable that way!

      Delete
  2. I was never a fan of Macarons but Ive been craving them lately!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I don't eat macarons very often, maybe two or three times a year, so I enjoy them when I have them. :) I never crave them, oddly enough, and I don't actively look for them, but when I see them, I always have to have some. :P Are they popular in Manila?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9