Friday Five: Vice Squad

on
Friday, October 19, 2012
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What is your history with cigarettes? I started smoking when I was 17, in senior year of high school. It was just a "social" thing, so I only smoked at a party or gathering. I didn't know a lot of smokers back then, but I had one friend who smoked in high school and always had a pack on her, so we'd smoke together. But then I started smoking regularly when I started university; my best friend at the time was three years older than me and also a smoker, so she bought all my cigarettes for me (before I turned legal) and we would hang out at places with smoking rooms all the time (you know, when indoor smoking still existed). And... I'm still a smoker to this day. It's my one and only vice.
  2. What is your history with alcoholic drink? My parents have never really been strict on alcohol; my dad let me have my first taste of beer when I was, like, 11. We'd play drinking games at home with beer before I turned legal. And, of course, there was lots of drinking at parties in high school. (I have passed out on many a lawn.) But I slowly discovered that my body just doesn't metabolize alcohol, so I don't get drunk or even tipsy — I go straight from sober to black out (and it's scary, like I'm under water, so I can't see or hear anything, even though my eyes are open and I'm conscious). So I can have maybe one drink or one beer without any effect... but I don't typically drink, 'cause I just can't enjoy it.
  3. What was the worst trouble you got into at school? I didn't really get into a lot of trouble in high school. I think the worst was getting a detention because I wasn't wearing my uniform properly (I think I forgot to wear my blazer one day?).
  4. What's something you got away with in school but shouldn't have? Nothing, really. I was a pretty good kid in school. 
  5. Who's your partner in crime? Probably my friend, Jack. We think so alike that we call each other "brain twin." 
8 comments on "Friday Five: Vice Squad"
  1. Passing out on lawns, LOL! I know it's not really funny now cuz blacking out is scary, but the image is quite comical. :)

    We're like the opposites when it comes to these Qs. I never smoked but I like to drink a lot and I was terrible at school because halfway through high school I just started skipping like mad. I spent a lot of time in detentions and at the principal's office, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it probably was really funny to see me passed out on a lawn in the middle of winter wearing a furry parka... :P

      I wasn't allowed to skip until senior year when the teachers would turn a blind eye, lol. And even then, I didn't really like skipping 'cause the catch-up would take WEEKS. Private school sucks, dude. :(

      Delete
  2. OH AND REDESIGN! I like it. The previous one would freeze my browser for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt the need to change it from the dynamic layout 'cause I felt like it slowed everything down and sometimes it would take too long to load. I like this one way better. :) Still the same clean look but a little more user-friendly.

      Delete
  3. What is your history with cigarettes? I've never smoked and don't plan to. My current vices (coffee, clothes and makeup - coupled with wanderlust) already cost too much :)

    What is your history with alcoholic drink? I've never actually drunk alcohol. Technically nobody in my family drinks, so I never really got into it. I don't plan to either. It's too expensive in Scandinavia and I like being able to remember what happened. I'm too much of a control freak to handle blank spots in my memory.

    What was the worst trouble you got into at school? Nothing, actually. I'm a goody two shoes. Now that I think about it, I should have been a brat :)

    What's something you got away with in school but shouldn't have? Nothing. I'm not adventurous enough.

    Who's your partner in crime? Definitely the boyfriend. We're always making plans to do fun stuff like eat, cook, bake, travel, shop, read, watch movies... our list is endless. We are very alike so much so that we usually end up making the same suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, you have like, no bad vices! And you've NEVER had alcohol EVER? Not even a cocktail?

      Delete
    2. Only mocktails :) I am that one person sipping apple juice in a bar desperately trying not to stand out. I hang out in bars from time to time and always order apple juice because it can look somewhat similar to beer. Sometimes I get a Coca Cola or Pepsi.

      I think my 'vice' is shopping though. I love a good bargain!

      Delete
    3. Haha, when I go to bars/pubs/lounges, I am totally sober and everyone knows it. I usually get a Diet Coke or an iced tea or iced water with lemon, lol. So you've never tried actual beer? Or wine? I mean, one beer isn't gonna get you drunk or make you forget anything. :P

      Haha, if shopping is a vice, then it's definitely one of mine, too. CLEARLY.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9