China Cottage

on
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Jack took us to China Cottage for some Indian Chinese food this evening:

Chef's Special Shrimp

Manchurian Chicken

Okay, you see that shrimp up there? It is ridiculous. I could easily have eaten the entire plate by myself, but you know how considerate I am (and 'sharing is caring' and whatever). Perfectly plump shrimp, lightly battered and deep-fried until crispy and golden, and then tossed with lots of garlic, chili peppers, and green onions. So goddamn addictive. I would eat this any day over whatever shrimp dishes they offer at Red Lobster. The chicken was tender and juicy, coated in a garlicky brown sauce that was just spicy enough and perfect to mix in with fluffy white rice. I'm not sure what makes it Manchurian, but it is positively delightful. And the restaurant is surprisingly clean with modern decor — definitely one of the nicest Hakka restaurants I've been to. The service is fast and efficient, polite and informative. Next time I go there (and, trust me, there will be a next time), I'm going to bring like, four more people just so we can order more dishes. China Cottage will definitely be my go-to Hakka restaurant from now on.


China Cottage
80 Ellesmere Road, Unit 11
Scarborough, ON M1R 4C2
(416) 445-6721
5 comments on "China Cottage"
  1. Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! (growl of envy & hunger)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I often make growls of envy and hunger. :(

      When we gonna do our next foodie meet-up?! :D

      Delete
    2. Some time in November I guess, before the holiday madness hits and everyone scatters, lol. We desperately need a holiday in November. What days are you free?

      Delete
  2. Hubba hubba, Chef's Special Shrimp.

    If it's anything like maggi sauce shrimp (I think that's what it's called at this restaurant I used to go to), then I'm sure it's HEAVENLY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mary, those shrimp are just... I'll DREAM about those shrimp.

      What is Maggi sauce shrimp? Is it shrimp doused in Maggi sauce? If so, I don't even need to taste it to know it's good, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9