NYC — Autumn 2012: Artichoke Pizza

on
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
During our dinner at Per Se, Wynnie had mentioned that the club she went to the night before was near an Artichoke Pizza but didn't get a chance to try it because they were closed. Both my brother and his girlfriend said it was really good as far as New York pizza went, and that we should really try to grab some before we left. Sadly, we did not get a chance to get any... until we got to the airport. As we were checking in, the guy working at the counter told us that our flight would be delayed by an hour. Of course, us being us, we got to the airport half an hour early, so we had even longer to wait there. We slowly made our way through security check and decided to grab something to eat at the little food court they have there since we had so much more time to kill. Lo and behold, they had an Artichoke Pizza there! It was fate.

Artichoke Pizza

While Steph opted for a slice of the Staten Island (meatballs, tomato sauce, red onion, and ricotta cheese), I decided to grab a slice of their namesake pizza, which was just coming fresh out of the oven. (Again, it's fate.) The Artichoke Pizza includes artichoke hearts, spinach, cream sauce, mozzarella, and pecorino romano cheese. It's not much to look at, but damn, is it magnificent. The crust is a little too thick and bready for it to be true New York-style pizza (which has a thin, but soft and foldable crust), but it is necessary to hold all of the gooey, creamy, cheesy epicness. It's kind of like if pasta alfredo and artichoke dip had a baby, but even more glorious because there are actual massive chunks of artichoke hearts and a ridiculous amount of cheese (some might even say too much cheese, but I say they're pussies). For someone like me, who prefers "white" pizza, it is pretty much the best thing, ever. And had I known our flight would end up being delayed by four hours instead of one, I would have gotten another slice for later.


Artichoke Pizza
LaGuardia Airport
Delta Airlines, Terminal C
100-15 Ditmars Boulevard
Flushing, New York 11369
(718) 533-3400
2 comments on "NYC — Autumn 2012: Artichoke Pizza"
  1. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH CHEESE. Amen.

    Haha, like I said, the trip was meant to be! Both pizzas sound amazing. But a four hour delay??? Shoot me in the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right? Give me a block of cheese and I'm a happy camper! :)

      Yeah, it was fucking brutal waiting at the airport. All the flights going to Toronto from there were delayed, too, so we couldn't get on any other flight. I remember when I went to NYC last year, I had a six-hour delay at Newark. And my phone died. Now THAT was brutal. At least I had Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds keeping me company this time around, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9