Sandwich Series: Meatball Hero

on
Tuesday, July 17, 2012

So, remember that whole thing where I wanted to do a series of blog posts aptly named Sandwich Series? Wherein I post about all the sandwiches I eat at home because I don't cook (and refuse to learn)? That I was going to do every week? Yeah, so that sort of failed because I may have forgotten about it... But, I remembered today! I remembered today, damn it.


I was craving a meatball hero, but seeing as I am obviously not going to make my own meatballs, I sort of made a lazy, makeshift version for lunch today. I had some frozen Italian meatballs, so I nuked several of those in the microwave, then took some marinara pasta sauce (from a jar, obviously, not homemade — don't be ridiculous) and heated that up in the microwave, and coated the meatballs in the sauce. Then, I toasted one of those Italian burger buns 'cause that's all I had, buttered it and melted some sliced mozzarella (not the processed crap, though!) on it, and then put my marinated meatballs on it. Finally, I added a sprinkle of salt, a dash of oregano, and a ton of parmesan cheese. This was definitely one of my more complicated sandwich assemblies, guys. And it was devoured in about two minutes.
10 comments on "Sandwich Series: Meatball Hero"
  1. Hehehe, you definitely can cook. It's so obvious ;)

    This looks good though. Making me hungry now. I don't eat beef and most Scandinavian meatballs are made from beef so I make my own minced pork or minced chicken meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's not so much cooking as it is microwaving. ;)

      You know, I have no idea what Italian meatballs are made of... I think they're made out of beef as well. :/ But at least YOU cook, lol.

      Delete
    2. Hehehe, it's a start :) Yeah, possibly beef.

      I used to be terrified of cooking as we cook on open flame stoves (sometimes with gas, sometimes electric) in Malaysia - my mother still does. I still prefer the induction stove.

      You can definitely cook :) I just know it!

      P/s - Speaking of Italian, there are these spicy sausages (made from pork) that some restaurants here use for pizza. They're known as salsiccia. You need to try those. They are good.

      Delete
    3. I think if we had open flame stoves, the only thing I would ever attempt is s'mores. :P

      I probably CAN cook, you know, if I ever attempted to do it, lol. I think it's just laziness... and no motivation. I am happy just cooking ramen, eggs, and grilled cheese sandwiches, lol!

      Fieran, those sausages sound SO GOOD, I need to find them! Oh, god, I am so hungry right now, it's unreal.

      Delete
  2. Yum! You should have made extra meat balls/sauce for extra sandwiches!! lol then eat like all of them, cause that's what I would do.. I haven't had meatballs in so long. (Not including Swedish ones from Ikea.)

    Awesome microwaving, Denise! :D Make me one!

    **lol.. I totally just deleted my comment to repost it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!

      I'm not prepared like you with food-making -- I make just enough to make me full for one sitting. :P That having been said, I totally made two of these...

      And thank you, I like to think my microwaving skills are quite advanced. :) I will make you one any time (assuming I have meatballs left, lol). :)

      Delete
  3. YOU are my sandwich hero! I'm so copying this.

    Next time I'll make the meatballs and you build the sandwiches! Mmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, I LOVE BEING SOMEONE'S HERO! :D

      Haha, we shall have a meatball sandwich assembly party! WHILE WEARING CRAZY CLOWN CHEEK BLUSH.

      Delete
  4. OMG, Denise, you're our very own IRON CHEF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, I know. I'm quite excellent at the sandwich assembly, it's true. If the whole make-up artist thing doesn't pan out, I'll work at Quizno's...

      And get fired for eating everything. :(

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9