NARS Thakoon for NARS Nail Polish in Koliary

on
Thursday, June 14, 2012

For Spring 2012, NARS teamed up with fashion designer Thakoon to create six nail polish shades inspired by Thakoon's Spring collection. When I first saw these popping up in magazines, I was like, "I need to get on this ASAP." When I finally saw swatches of the shades on various beauty blogs, they were all super pretty but none too unique and I was going to write them off. But about a month ago, I was shopping online at Sephora and decided to pick up Koliary, anyway, because I'm a sucker for blue polishes. Each bottle contains 15 ml of product, and retails for $21.


Koliary is a medium brightened electric blue in a cream finish. It has a very fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without streaking, bubbling, or pulling. It has high pigmentation and will go nearly opaque in one coat, but two will make it perfect. The dry time on this relatively fast; I would say each coat dries completely in about five minutes, maybe less. (I wasn't really keeping track as I was watching re-runs of The Vampire Diaries while doing my nails, but I remember it being completely dry after watching a single scene…) NARS nail polish has always been a hit or miss for me, but Koliary is a really gorgeous colour with a fantastic formula. Consider me impressed. As for dupes, well, let's just say this is exactly what I wanted Deborah Lippmann's To the Beach to be.
2 comments on "NARS Thakoon for NARS Nail Polish in Koliary"
  1. I'm still returning mine but you *almost* make me want to keep it. :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, after reading about you wanting to return it, I was like, "OH NOES MAYBE IT'S CRAP!" But I actually ended up loving it, and got tons of compliments on the colour, too. :) However, having taken it off, I will agree that it does stain a bit... but nothing that 100% acetone won't take care of!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9