Estée Lauder Pure Color Gelée Powder Eyeshadow: Cyber Teal and Cyber Green

on
Monday, December 12, 2011

About a month ago, Estée Lauder came out with a new formula of eyeshadow in six shades by make-up artist Tom Pecheux, called Pure Color Gelée Powder Eyeshadow. It's a tri-blend formula that's powder, gel, and liquid in one. Usually, Estée Lauder's make-up products don't really intrigue me, but I was bored on my lunch break so I stopped by my local Estée Lauder counter, saw their new display, and started swatching the colours. I was so ridiculously impressed with these Cyber Metallic finish eyeshadows that, even though I have an arsenal of more than 150 eyeshadows, I bought two of them without even hesitating. I'm still unsure of whether they're limited edition or not, because the beauty advisor at the counter said her rep told them they were being added to the permanent range, whereas their website states that they're limited edition. Hopefully, it is the former. Each eyeshadow comes in a gold plastic mirrored compact, contains 0.9 grams of product, includes a mini eyeshadow sponge applicator, and retails for $28.

Cyber Teal and Cyber Green

Cyber Teal and Cyber Green

Cyber Teal is a medium smoky teal with a silvered shimmer-sheen in a Cyber Metallic finish. It goes on smooth and silky, and has phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. When used dry, it has a smooth metallic sheen. When used wet, the colour intensifies and it almost looks like liquid metal. I don't personally have a dupe for this; it is less bright and more grey than MAC Steamy.

Cyber Green is a blackened olive-brown with gold and olive green micro-shimmer. It goes on smooth and silky, and has phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. When used dry, it has a smooth metallic sheen. When used wet, the colour intensifies and it almost looks like liquid metal. This shade used wet would make a phenomenal eyeliner colour. I could not think of a dupe for this; it looks kind of like MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Legendary Black but more metallic and mixed with olive green.

I am completely and utterly in love with this formula. I was so tempted to buy all six shades, but I ended up with these because they were the most unique... and mostly because I didn't have $168 to spend on eyeshadows, and the third shade I wanted was sold out. It surprised me how dry the texture of these shadows are, because usually colours that look this intense and metallic have a very buttery or velvety feel to them, almost creamy. And it's so pigmented that a little goes a really long way. If these do end up being limited edition, I say snatch these babies up as soon as you can!
8 comments on "Estée Lauder Pure Color Gelée Powder Eyeshadow: Cyber Teal and Cyber Green"
  1. The packaging is really nice! The Cyber Green is beautiful!

    Denise, have you tried "Lucky Duck" by Orly? Such a beautiful shade of green!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is nicely done, but I was kind of bummed when I realized the gold part was plastic! Kind of took away from the luxury aspect. The Cyber Green shade is definitely the star of the collection, in my opinion! I was in love with first swatch! I really wanted the purple shade as well, but it's sold out everywhere. :(

    I don't own any Orly nail polishes! For some reason, it's not widely available here like OPI, Essie, China Glaze, etc. But from what I can see online, it looks like Essie's Pretty Edgy, which I have at home... A beautiful colour, nonetheless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, they ARE gorgeous. Cyber Green is totally up my alley. Denise, there's a bronzer version of the gelee highlighter that's coming up in their spring collection. WE MUST GET IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously obsessed with this gelee powder texture. I'm still on the hunt for the purple eyeshadow -- WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME ABOUT SPRING. Oh, god, the Spring collections are gonna make me SO DAMN BROKE, LIZ. I just saw the preview of Dior's Spring collection and I want every single piece. It's ridiculous.

    Oh, and that clown tent you wanted to open in Vegas? Yeah, it might happen. I just bought three more shades of those Tarte powder blushes. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would have heard about it sooner or later! Here's the first look at the gelee bronzer: http://www.beautycrazed.ca/2011/12/estee-lauder-illuminating-powder-gelee.html

    Looks like it can get tricky but I think it'll look beautiful in person if done right. My bronzer stash is starting to spin out of control, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz -- It looks like an interesting product that I will have to swatch when it comes out... but I've kinda gotten over my bronzer stage for now. I use it in the summer to even out my skintone, usually, but it's not something I use year-round. Even though I have like, eight of them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm JUST getting into bronzers only now, can you believe? Brace yourself for my future hauls! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Liz, how is this possible? Bronzer has been in my make-up regime FOREVER. It kind of just makes skin look glowy and perfect. :) Oh, man, I am getting excited for your hauls, lol.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9