Nails Inc. London Special Effects Polish in Bloomsbury Square

on
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I finally decided to try one of the Nails Inc. London Special Effects polishes I picked up in Buffalo a couple weeks ago, since I had all the time in the world this past week (in case you haven't been here in a while, I have been sick and miserable, and the only thing that has been awesome is playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Shawn's Wii). Bloomsbury Square is a clear base with violet shimmer, and red and fuchsia glitter. There is so much glitter, in fact, that only two medium-thick coats are needed to make this opaque. The effect is dazzling (literally); the mix of both the smaller shimmer pieces along with the bigger glitter pieces makes it look really multi-faceted, so you can really see the "3D glitter" effect. There are no dupes for this shade that I can think of, really. At $11.50 a pop, they are entirely worth it; a must-have for glitter fiends! I will need to pick up the other two shades I didn't get last time.
9 comments on "Nails Inc. London Special Effects Polish in Bloomsbury Square"
  1. SHOOT!! I knew I should have bought one of those in Vegas, but I had a self-imposed 1 polish limit on my trip :(. That's available here, right?

    You and Sydney are on a nail polish roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like the Zelda game? I'm thinking of buying it!! How does it compare to the last Wii Zelda (Twilight Princess?)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary -- Yep, it's available here! It's $11.50 in Canada, $9.50 in the States. Not a huge difference, and it's affordable either way! :) And if you were to pick ONE nail polish in the States, Illamasqua is the way to go, anyway, 'cause it's not available here!

    @Lindsay -- I KNOW, RIGHT? There are four colours, so I MUST HAVE THEM ALL. I think I might like the blue/purple glitter the best -- I will do a post soon. :D

    @Sydney -- I am completely, 100% addicted to this Zelda game. It is totally worth buying. I pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition for Shawn for his birthday back in September which was like, $75 or something. But I think the normal edition is $50? Compared to Twilight Princess... They're both about 35 hours of gameplay to beat the dungeons... Skyward Sword has two less dungeons but it has a LOT more to do outside of the dungeons. The world in Twilight Princess was also more empty, whereas this one has tons of quests and people to talk to and things to do. And best of all, this one is actually motion controlled! It takes some time to get used to and it can get frustrating at the beginning, but once you get used to it, it is SO MUCH FUN. And I personally like the story in Skyward Sword a little more than Twilight Princess. :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. And here I had sworn off Nails Inc. as nothing special. RATS.

    Thanks, Denise. Thanks a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Liz, a lot of the regular shades by Nails Inc. are missable, but their magnetic and special effects polishes are kind of awesome. It'll be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want all these glitter polishes Denise! Even though I thought I was over it because of the painstaking removal process. This is probably one of the most glitter-packed polishes I've seen - and I want it!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Stacey! :P It is rather a massive pain in the ass to remove glitter polish... but I will be happy to report that this particular formula actually takes about half the time of regular glitter polishes to remove! I think it's because the glitter is slightly smaller and more refined than most other formulas. But the removal process for these ones aren't that bad!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9