China Glaze Nail Lacquer in It's Alive

on
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So I've been sick and stuck at home for the last three days, and as a result, am going a little crazy. I've already finished all of my Grey's Anatomy: Season 7 DVDs (that's nearly 22 hours of television in the span of two days!), and watched half of 90210: Season 3 (another 11 hours!). I've had so much soup and tea that I'm seriously feeling sloshy (not to mention I have to pee every fifteen minutes). So what's left to do? Obviously, paint my nails. I decided to get a little head start with Halloween and chose China Glaze's It's Alive, which is from their Halloween collection this year. It's an awesome blackened olive green with lighter olive green shimmer and glitter. And it is gorgeous. I can see how it's Halloween-themed, but it's definitely wearable right into the holidays (it's kind of evergreen-y, no?). And I actually haven't seen other glitter polishes in this colour. Bright green? Yes. But for some reason, these darker greens (and not forest green, either, this is definitely an olive, army green) never make the glitter ranks. And this particular shade goes on opaque in two coats; a lot of glitter shades usually need at least three! Thusly, as I am a fiend for all things glittery, this is a definite must-have.
3 comments on "China Glaze Nail Lacquer in It's Alive"
  1. Sorry to hear you're sick - hope you feel better soon! 22 hours of TV sounds like heaven to me, lol.

    I'm not a huge fan of glittery greens but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoohhh prettttyyyy! I think I like this more than Designer Series. It's such a rich green!

    BTW, your timing is perfect because it really sucks out.

    Have you tried eating raw garlic? It tastes like death, but it works. And I usually sleep underneath three layers of blankets, Long John's and fleece pants, a shirt, a fleece sweater, AND a vest. Sounds totally ridiculous and gross, but it really helps me sweat out the toxins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz. :) I'm going back to work tomorrow 'cause I think the worst of it is over... mostly just a hacking cough, no more sore throat or runny nose. :)

    Hey, Mary! I definitely like the glitter in this one more 'cause there's the larger chunks along with the shimmer. :) But I love both green and purple; it's like picking a favourite child. :P

    And no, I haven't tried eating raw garlic, I've mostly been relying on Vitamin C and Cold FX to boost my immune system, along with tons and tons of sleep. LOL, I am trying to picture you looking like a marshmallow in all that clothing. I don't do well in sweat, though -- I'll get really itchy skin and rashes. :( That's why I hate summer! The weather is rather gloomy outside... but I actually love the temperature... :P

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9