Sunday Video Love: Happiness by the Kilowatt (Live)

on
Sunday, September 20, 2015

I went to Riot Fest yesterday and despite getting stuck in pouring rain and then spending the rest of the afternoon and evening walking around soaking wet and trudging in mud (I had to throw away my Converse when I got home because it just wasn't worth cleaning), it was one of the best festivals I've been to in a long, long time. So many of my favourites were there, and I saw some amazing performances by Die Mannequin, Moneen, Coheed and Cambria, Weezer... and most of all, Alexisonfire. A band that I have avidly followed since 2001, going to their tiny hole-in-a-wall shows to promote their first EP and then slightly bigger venues for their first LP (one of my favourites was when they opened for From Autumn to Ashes at The Opera House, seemingly a lifetime ago) and then much bigger venues like Kool Haus and main stages at Warped Tour after ten years together. I followed them until they broke up in 2011, and went to their farewell show. And then last night, they announced that they were officially reunited, when Wade MacNeil stated: "Thank you for believing in this band when we couldn't believe in this band. Thank you for sticking with us. We promise to never leave you again, alright? No more sentimental shit. Alexisonfire is officially back."

Here's the video I took of them performing "Happiness by the Kilowatt," the last song of their set last night and includes Dallas Green singing the chorus to Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home" in the outro. And, indeed, they are. Welcome back, Alexisonfire. We've really missed you.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9