Friday Five: Nervous

on
Friday, May 3, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What are you like when you are very nervous? I think it depends on the situation. If I'm waiting to go into a job interview, for example, I'm kind of quiet and fidgety. If I have to give a presentation in front of people I don't know, I can get kind of tongue-tied. If I'm nervous about an outcome (for example, waiting to hear from a job interview), I talk way too much and get kind of annoying because I get panicky. Either way, it stems from over-thinking things. 
  2. How do you deal with nervousness, especially nervousness about something that's going to happen several days later? Talk to my friends about it, usually. But I'll also smoke cigarettes (well, I do this even when I'm not nervous, but it's a source of comfort), listen to music, watch TV shows, or immerse myself in a book. Basically, I need to distract myself.
  3. In what circumstance are most people nervous, but not you? Going on roller coasters, meeting new people, approaching strangers... In my field, you kind of get used to getting close to people.
  4. What conditions seem to be fine for most people but make you feel nervous? Eating alone in public. It's not so much that it makes me nervous, but it makes me uncomfortable. 
  5. When did you last feel nervous about something that turned out completely fine? Job promotion.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9