Photolog 2019: Day 272 of 365

on
Sunday, September 29, 2019
Honey garlic pizza!

White cheese jjimdak with red sauce

Last day of vacation, so I had to make it count. Thus, I went for dinner with Chelsea and Ying at Ssangkye Jjimdak Braised Chicken House (a.k.a. the restaurant BTS went to when they were in Toronto last year). I went there for the first time in May and figured it was time to return for maximum Korean deliciousness. Also because my friend Ying is a new ARMY and was super excited to try the food at "the BTS restaurant." Obviously, we had to get the revolutionary honey garlic pizza (honestly, I get why BTS fought over the last two pieces; I could legit eat this every single day and not get tired of it) and, of course, the signature braised chicken. I think this dish is tastier with cheese (and judging from all the other tables, everyone seems to think so, too), so we got the white cheese jjimdak with red sauce and extra tteokbokki, which is gochujang-based and spicier. Though both sauces are excellent, I think I actually like the spicy red sauce more than the milder, sweeter black sauce (which is soy-based). It had just the right amount of spice, too — enough to tingle, but not enough to feel like your mouth is burning. Everyone was super happy and satisfied with the meal, and we were all talking about when we'd be able to come back even before we left the restaurant. Honestly, even after five months, I still think it's some of the best Korean food I've had in the city.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9