Sunday Video Love: SOLO

on
Sunday, November 18, 2018

I don't really fuck with K-pop as a whole. I love BTS and that's it. I'm not someone who would ever claim to be a K-pop fan and only stan BTS. I'm an alternative rock fan and BTS is my outlier. With girl groups, I literally can't stand like, 98% of them. Their songs honestly sound too similar to one another; too high-pitched, too cutesy, too girly. Like, it's not just bubblegum pop. It's tooth-rotting, cavity-filled, cotton candy pop. (The biggest culprits are, IMO, Twice and Red Velvet. I literally can't sit through an entire song or video of theirs.) The exception to this, for me, is BLACKPINK. They're definitely the edgiest of the K-pop girl groups, utilizing harder beats, tougher dance moves, and just having more swag in general. Also, their lyrics aren't mind-numbingly asinine. Now, they've moved onto solo songs (which I find odd because BLACKPINK hasn't even released a full-length album yet in their two years since debut, but I digress), starting with Jennie's aptly named "Solo." Her voice isn't spectacular or anything that special, to be honest, but Jennie's got sass and the song suits her attitude well. Also, the beat is fire. To the extent that I found myself downloading it and bopping to it pretty hard, so I thought I'd share this as it's not often that I'll bop to anything in K-pop that isn't BTS.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9