Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder

on
Monday, March 19, 2012

I finally got around to picking up Benefit's Hervana boxed powder blush. It actually launched in January, but I totally forgot about it until I was at Shoppers Drug Mart a couple days ago. Hervana marks the ninth addition to Benefit's boxed powder collection (though Georgia was discontinued a while ago), and is apart of their permanent line-up. Hervana is available at all Benefit retailers, including Sephora, Murale, and Shoppers Drug Mart's Beauty Boutiques. This powder, like all of Benefit's boxed powders, now comes in a flip-top cardboard container with a little mirror on the inside. Each powder comes with a small angled face brush with a purple wooden handle, contains 8 grams of product, and retails for $36.

Hervana

Hervana features a pinwheel design of four different shades: a soft pale beige with a satin shimmer, a medium apricot-peach with subtle golden shimmer, a medium peachy rose with a satin sheen, and a medium-dark cool-toned pinky plum with a satin sheen. When mixed together, they create a medium soft peachy pink with a satin shimmer-sheen. This powder is by no means frosty or shimmery, though; it has just enough shimmer-sheen to make skin look glowy. The powder is soft and finely milled, so it goes on very smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation, and semi-opaque buildable colour pay-off. It's a bit cooler than MAC Dainty Mineralize Blush, but more pink than MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush. Compared to other Benefit boxed powders, it is much lighter and more peach than Bella Bamba, lighter and much less peach/coral than Coralista, and much more pink than Sugarbomb.

I know I don't need another blush, but guys, this is just gorgeous. I love that it's buildable in colour, 'cause you can get a really pretty soft sheen or a more intense flush without looking too harsh. The powder is so soft and smooth and easily blendable, and it leaves such a nice glow on the skin without emphasizing your pores. Plus, it'll suit every undertone; those with cooler undertones will pull more pink and those with warmer undertones will pull more peach. This will work well on those with fair to medium-dark skintones, but might not show up very well on dark and deep dark skintones (though it will add a lovely sheen!). Hervana is the type of colour that will look good with every make-up look — it's a super-wearable, every day kind of colour, and is just so perfect for Spring and Summer.
6 comments on "Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder"
  1. I used to be obsessed with Benefit products, stocking up whenever I'd go to Hong Kong, but now that we have a free-standing store here in Manila, I feel kinda meh with it! Ive never even been in the store yet and they opened MONTHS ago! I guess it's true that you only want what you can't have!

    I love their boxed blushes though!! The last one that I got is the Bellabamba.. it reminds me of a peachier Nars orgasm.

    I'm using their Brows a-go-go and it's a perfect match for my eyebrows! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was obsessed with Benefit before they started being carried at the drugstore. :P It was just harder to find so it was more coveted. I was in love with their Bad Gal Lash mascara and Hoola bronzer and Dandelion highlighter. I actually really like their skincare products, too. But, like you, I mostly only use their boxed blushes now. I guess with so many other options out there, Benefit isn't really on my top list anymore! But this blush is gorgeous. :) I'd say this is my favourite, and then Bella Bamba, and then Coralista...

      Delete
  2. Sooooo, do you have all their blushes now? ;) Dandelion was one of my first non-drugstore blushes (before Shoppers started carrying Benefit) and then I scooped up Dallas and Benetint and a whole bunch of other stuff that same year! I think it was kind of the beginning of the end. I have Coralista and was sad to hear Georgia got discontinued. I'll probably pick up Hervana and Bella Bamba at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes, I have had all of them at some point... But I gave away most of them, so I only have Hervana, Bella Bamba, Coralista, and Sugarbomb now. :P I was never a fan of Benetint, actually -- the thought of liquid blush is way too messy for my liking. I wish I had kept my Dallas, though. And my Hoola. And my Georgia. :P

      And, yes, as a blush fiend, you need to have Hervana and Bella Bamba in your life.

      Delete
  3. I was all ready to pick this up today for the 20x event @ Shoppers after reading your fantastic review. But when I tried it, it looked more pink/purple on me and I'm a pinky-peach blush kinda gal. I LOVE Coralista but would love an option without so much shimmer. So I passed... got the Biotherm Eye Makeup Remover you raved about instead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( That's so weird, because this blush goes distinctly peachy-pink with like, brown undertones on me. It looks kinda like MAC Warm Soul on me, but like, more pink. :P You should check out MAC Melba or NARS Deep Throat, both of which have less shimmer than Coralista, but are in the same family!

      Not the Biotherm eye make-up remover, it's the Bioderma one I love!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9