MAC Surf, Baby!: Studio Careblend Pressed Powder

on
Thursday, May 26, 2011

MAC's Surf, Baby! collection sees the release of two new and limited edition shades of Studio Careblend Pressed Powder, both of which are for the purposes of bronzing and are debossed with a pattern of the MAC logo. I decided to pick up one shade only, Gold-Go-Lightly, as I felt the other shade (Lush-Light Bronze) wouldn't suit my skintone as well. Studio Careblends were released in February as a new line of pressed powders (that are now permanent), and the texture is very soft, smooth, almost velvety, and the finish is a very natural soft matte. The bronzer shades released with Surf, Baby! are no exception. Each pressed powder contains 9.5 grams, and retails for $33.50.


Gold-Go-Lightly is a warm, golden tan brown. I found the finish of this to look very much like a sunkissed tan, and not orangey at all, at least on my skin. It's not a very dark bronzer, so those who are have medium-dark to dark skintones might want something a little deeper. For those who have fair to medium skintones, this is an exceptional bronzing shade as it blends really well to look very natural. This powder is also great as a setting powder, especially for darkening foundations that are too light (especially important if you are prone to tanning over the summer and you find that your neck and your face are two different shades, or if that foundation you bought over the winter is now way too pale). The texture of this powder just sets and wears really well on skin. For those who are looking for a nice matte powder bronzer, this is definitely a must-have.
2 comments on "MAC Surf, Baby!: Studio Careblend Pressed Powder"
  1. I'd never want to use the powder because I wouldn't want to ruin the imprint! So nice looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it a several times now, and the imprint is pretty deep in there! I figure you'd have to use it quite a lot for the imprint to disappear completely. Let me know if you want one, by the way, or anything else -- I'll grab it for you from my counter! :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9