Queen's Head

on
Thursday, April 28, 2011

Went for lunch today at Queen's Head with Shawn and Vito. They had a whole list of lunch specials, so I ordered the fish and chips with Caesar salad, coleslaw, and tartar sauce. It was actually pretty damn good. I like that the fish isn't frozen. And if it is, it doesn't taste or look like it (unlike Willie Stouts). And the batter was flavourful, so I didn't need to add copious amounts of salt and pepper or lemon juice. (I loaded up on tartar sauce, though, 'cause tartar sauce is awesome.) Next time, I will have the shepherd's pie. Or the English lamb pie. Or bangers and mash. God, I love pub fare.
7 comments on "Queen's Head"
  1. YUM! I love fish and chips :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about fried fish that is just so damn good? I love McDonald's Filet-O-Fish, too. :( I am gonna get sooooo fat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fish and chips so much! And tartar sauce IS awesome. I hate places that charge extra for it. I would rather bring my own (I'm serious).

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMM!!!

    But I think I'm alone in being a Tartar sauce hatAH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, MY GOD. Mary, next thing you're going to tell me is that you don't like Big Mac sauce. Or, like, mayonnaise. Or the dill sauce at St. Louis. Or the chalet sauce at Swiss Chalet.

    Sydney knows what I'm talkin' about. We be condiment fiends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL yup, condiment fiends. I would totally buy the St Louis dill sauce if it were available!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. I don't like mayo and, though I used to eat two Big Macs in one sitting, I'm now impartial to the Big Mac sauce. But I do love the chalet sauce.

    I guess that makes me evil.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9