OPI Nail Lacquer in Mermaid's Tears

on
Wednesday, April 27, 2011

OPI released their Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides collection sometime this past week, and since I'm such a sucker for green nail polishes, I had to pick up the only green shade in this collection, called Mermaid's Tears. It's a lovely mid-tone seafoam green in a cream finish, and goes opaque in two medium coats. A few sites have described it as pastel, but I personally don't think it's light enough to be a full-on pastel, though it does have that milky quality that pastels are known for. It's a nice change from the much lighter, actual pastel shades that are out for Spring right now, though. The most similar shade I can think of is Sephora by OPI's Read My Palm, though Mermaid's Tears is less teal, and has more of a grey undertone. It is limited edition, but if you love green nail polishes, this one is worth checking out. It's definitely going to be the most popular shade from this collection.
4 comments on "OPI Nail Lacquer in Mermaid's Tears"
  1. Oooh PRETTTYYY!!

    It reminds me of the mint green lipstick from Lime Crime.

    And I hate you for being so good at doing your own nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I actually had three customers ask me what shade I was wearing today. :) I'll probably be wearing the shit out of this one for Spring/Summer, lol.

    After the whole controversy surrounding Lime Crime, I haven't bothered checking out any of the products... But I actually saw a display of their lipsticks at the SpaceNK counter at Bloomingdale's in NYC, so I guess they must be selling relatively well!

    And... I'm sorry. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG please do my nails. I thought it was just my left hand that sucks but somehow, my toes are all wonky too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Sydney! I find that toenails can be harder to paint only because you can't get as close to your feet as your hands.

    And I can only do my own nails this well! I feel like I'd be terrible at doing other people's nails... But, hey, I'm always willing to take you on as a test subject, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9