Pusateri's

on
Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I was waiting for Shawn to finish work, and stopped by Pusateri's at Bayview Village to pass the time. Since I had my first taste of French macarons a couple of weeks ago, I've been craving for more. So when I passed by the bakery section at Pusateri's and saw that they had macarons, I picked some up. They had six flavours available when I was there: chocolate, caramel, coconut, strawberry, passion fruit, and black currant. I'd have to say my favourite was the caramel, though the coconut one was pretty awesome, too. The chocolate one was also very good, but it tasted exactly like a brownie, and then it was like, "Why the hell didn't I get a brownie instead?"


As for the fruit ones, I did enjoy the passion fruit one quite a lot, but I didn't really like the strawberry or the black currant because they just tasted too artificial, whereas the passion fruit macaron tasted exactly like a passion fruit. I'm hardly a macaron expert, but I will note that these macarons in general had a nice crisp outer layer with a slight chew, and the filling was creamy but still light. I will need to go back again to investigate their other flavours.
2 comments on "Pusateri's"
  1. I've yet to try a really good strawberry macaron.

    Yummy, I'm craving them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm starting to think that I like the non-fruit flavours more. I think the strawberry ones would be good if they used real strawberries rather than the super-artificial stuff, 'cause it kind of tastes like Lip Smackers...

    It's all your fault if I spend all of my money on macarons.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9