The Pickle Barrel

on
Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I met up with my mom at The Pickle Barrel for dinner after work. I didn't really feel like eating a lot of starch tonight, so I decided to order the Steak Frites Caesar Salad. It's a striploin steak with sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions on a bed of Caesar salad, topped with deep-fried potato shreds and a thin piece of garlic toast. What I hate about The Pickle Barrel's steaks in general is that they don't taste restaurant-worthy. It's like something I could make at home, and I'm not exactly a great cook. But I finally found a steak dish that I actually really enjoy from there, because the steak on this salad was perfectly cooked; just tender and juicy and well-seasoned. The combination with the other ingredients made for the perfect mix of flavours and textures, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Best of all, I didn't feel bloated at all afterward! Definite re-order.
2 comments on "The Pickle Barrel"
  1. And it's one of the few things that actually looks good AND tastes good from The Pickle Barrel! Nom, nom, nom.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9