The Sugar

on
Thursday, December 9, 2010

So Edward and I wanted some bubble tea this evening, 'cause we're Asian like that, and decided to try out The Sugar at Finch and Leslie. I will mention right now that this place serves Asian desserts only, so if you're looking for pie or cake or whatever, you won't find it here (much to my dismay). Anyhow, we got our bubble tea and... it's decent, but nothing special, and the tapioca tastes a little off. I personally like the bubble tea better at Go For Tea or Ten Ren's. We also decided to try the black sesame rice balls, which were pretty good but again, nothing special and nothing I haven't tried before.

The dealbreaker, though? The lack of service. Seriously, we had to seat ourselves because no one was paying attention to the front entrance. It then took at least ten minutes for a waiter to actually take our order, and that was only because we yelled for attention. What kills me, though, is that it wasn't even that busy! I would understand if the place was packed, but there were maybe six or seven tables, all of whom had already ordered. And the waiter that did serve us made it seem like he was doing us a favour by serving us. Conclusion: I am never going there again.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9