Saturday Nine: Snowbird (1971)

on
Saturday, December 10, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. In this song, Elvis wants the snowbird to fly away and take the snow back with her. Have you seen a measurable snowfall yet this season? Not yet, but there's supposed to be about 10 cm of snow tomorrow. Which means I'm gonna be in hibernation mode.

  2. Drivers in snowy climes are encouraged to keep salt, sand, or kitty litter in the trunk because those items can help a car regain traction in the snow. Do you have an emergency kit in your car right now? If so, what's in it? I actually don't, but this question is reminding me that I should.

  3. Back in 2007, North Dakota set the world record for the most snow angels made at one time (8,910). Do you enjoy playing in the snow? Not really. I used to love it as a kid and I reckon if I were in the right gear (e.g. snow pants, ski jacket, etc.), I might now as an adult... But nothing compels me to play in the snow anymore, and I never feel the need to.

  4. Chionophobia is the fear of snow. Astraphobia is the fear of thunder and lightening. Lilapsophobia is the fear of tornadoes and hurricanes. Do you have to cope with any of these fears? No. I do have a fear of driving in snow, though. Like, I'll do it if I really have to, but I'll try to avoid it if I can.

  5. Elvis' daughter Lisa Marie split her childhood between Memphis and Los Angeles, so she seldom saw snow. When she was a little girl, she was whisked her off to Denver in her father's private plane so the two of them could spend an afternoon playing in the snow. If you could take off and spend the afternoon anywhere in the world, where would you go? If it's just one afternoon, then I'd say NYC. Have a really good meal, do some shopping, maybe catch a show or something, and then head back. To fly anywhere further just for an afternoon wouldn't be worth the time and effort and money.

  6. At home and onstage, Elvis refused to wear jeans and only wore denim if a film role demanded it. This is because when he was young, classmates teased him for "dressing poor" in jeans and coveralls. What did you wear to class when you were in grammar school? Whatever my mom dressed me in. Usually a hand-me-down sweater of my brother's, and bright floral leggings 'cause hi, it was the '80s.

  7. Elvis and President Jimmy Carter are distant relatives (the President is the sixth cousin of the King's great grandfather). Your turn: Tell us about one of your more interesting relatives. I don't know a lot about my ancestry, but apparently my maternal great-grandfather was some sort of high-ranking general of China and they had a huge mansion with a garden of silkworms.

  8. In 1971, when Elvis released his recording of "Snowbird," You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown was a hit on Broadway. Who is your favourite Peanuts character? Snoopy, followed by Linus.

  9. Random question: You receive a gift certificate from a gourmet food company that can be redeemed for one of these three things: 1 lb. of caviar, 5 lbs. of steak or a 10 lb. live lobster. Which would you choose? I love steak the most, but I can get five pounds of steak whenever so it's not that special. So I'm gonna go with the the lobster, just so I could say I had a 10-pound lobster. I could invite all my friends and have a gigantic lobster feast.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9