Saturday Nine: Tubular Bells (1973)

on
Saturday, October 29, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)


  1. According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you? I never actually watched it the whole way through; I think I caught maybe the second half of it 'cause it was on TV (I would never actually go out of my way to rent it because I don't like horror movies, period). I was actually in my late teens or even early 20s when I watched it, so it didn't scare me as much as it would've had I watched it when I was younger. Plus, I think knowing more about special effects makeup also made me a little more jaded 'cause the effects that they create today are way scarier and more realistic. Although my mom watched it when it was originally in theatres, and she maintains to this day that it is the scariest movie she has ever watched so it might be a generational thing.

  2. The Exorcist has been made into a TV series on Fox, premiering last month. Have you become a fan of any of the season's new shows? No. I haven't really watched anything new lately — I've been re-watching all the seasons of Gilmore Girls to refresh myself before the revival comes out (November 25, I cannot wait!). But after that, I might start Stranger Things or Sense 8, 'cause I've heard amazing things about both shows.

  3. "Tubular Bells" is a popular ringtone for both Android and iPhone. What's your ringtone? The first 30 seconds of Deftones' "Knife Party."

  4. As Halloween approaches, do you watch more scary shows and movies? No. Again, I'm not into horror anything.

  5. Do you have any recurring nightmares? No. I have been having a lot of vivid dreams lately, though. Not nightmares, but just dreams with weird, random situations, like I lived on a beach surrounded by huge cliffs and I was surfing (I don't know how to surf) these insanely high waves (I'm talking waves the size of skyscrapers) and there were massive whales swimming underneath the water and when I got to shore, I was waiting with a crowd of people to greet a big submarine full of aliens that looked like humans (but in the dream, I know they're humans). I woke up before I met any of the aliens, though. I also had a dream where I was a skateboarder (never been on a skateboard). I don't know what any of this means. Maybe I am a lazy bum and need to start doing more recreational activities?

  6. Have you carved a jack o' lantern this year? Nope. I've never carved a pumpkin in my life.

  7. Do you like the taste of pumpkin seeds? Yeah, sure. A lot of Chinese supermarkets sell these flavoured roasted pumpkin seeds that are quite tasty.

  8. What will the trick or treaters who knock on your door get? Nothing. I live in a gated community so we don't get trick or treaters.

  9. A Halloween "let's pretend:" Back in the 1950s, a home in your neighbourhood was the site of a gruesome murder/suicide. Relatives retained ownership of the house but declined to live there. During the ensuing decades, a legend grew: The tragic couple haunts the halls. Generations of schoolchildren insist they heard strange sounds and saw curtains often move mysteriously. Now the house is about to be demolished. A local charity is raising money by sponsoring a Halloween sleepover. Would you be willing to stay in this haunted house over night? Oh, hell, no. I don't even like sleeping over at non-haunted houses.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9