Friday Five: Gung Hee Fat Choy

on
Friday, February 13, 2015
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What's your experience with firecrackers and sparklers? I'm actually kinda scared of sparklers, so I don't really play with them, but I did play with firecrackers as a kid, mostly when I traveled to Asia. Playing with firecrackers (and, randomly, eating frog legs) is pretty much the only thing I remember about my trip to Taiwan when I was eight.

  2. What was the occasion the last time you gave someone money as a gift? For some reason, I love receiving money as a gift, but I have never given out money as a gift. Gift cards, yes, but not straight-up cash. 

  3. What's the reddest thing you own? Lipsticks. (Obviously.) The most recent ones I bought were Victoriana, Opera, and Tenor Voice from MAC's Toledo collection, and they are eye-searingly red. 

  4. What animal represents you in the Chinese zodiac, and what qualities do you have in common with it? My Chinese zodiac sign is the Tiger, and I actually have a lot of qualities in common with it: loyal, intelligent, instinctive, independent, faithful, virtuous, self-possessed, deep thinking, maintaining control, frank, outgoing, quick learner, impulsive spender, needs to be challenged, full of suspicion, will "fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is worthy."

  5. What's your favourite order in a Chinese restaurant? If I had to pick one type of Chinese food, it'd be dim sum — especially steamed shrimp dumplings (har gow) and pork soup dumplings (siu long bao). 
2 comments on "Friday Five: Gung Hee Fat Choy"
  1. yea i've never given straight up cash. i think we start doing it when you're married and no longer 'eligible' for red pocket money during chinese new years. got to milk these years for all their worth :P
    love CNY. esp seeing all my family and eating

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we start giving out red pockets when we're married. But only to those who are younger than us. You still receive money when you're married, but from those older than you.

      Happy Chinese New Year!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9